Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JasonLeonard Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2008, 01:44 PM
    Past is catching up w/me
    I have been a CNA in a nursing home for 3yrs. I was called into the office and asked about prior convictions I might have because of a little bluebird. When I filled out the application it asked if I had ever been convicted of a crime and I answered "No" simply because the charge was over 15 yrs ago in California. I am in Iowa. I was fired after putting in 3yrs of hard work for these people. They had already run a background check for Iowa and it came up clean. Are these people allowed to do this? Isn't it their fault at the time I was hired because they didn't do their jobs to begin w/? I can understand they think I lied on my application, but it was such a long time ago when this happened. Is there a statute of limitations for crimes in California and is this going to affect a career in healthcare because of this? It is a felony and I truly would love a job in a hospital.Your help is much appreciated in this matter. Thanks
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2008, 05:25 PM

Sorry. They were in the right to have you fired. You did not answer honestly about your past. You hid it and they somehow found it. Move on and go into another career as your CNA days are essentially over for now.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 9, 2008, 05:57 PM

Let me see you Lied and somehow you think this is there fault?
    Sorry this is the normal result for lying on a application, It is perfectly legal and so expected I find it hard to believe you did not think this would happen.

Also in some areas, medicare has rules that no convicted felon can be employed with direct contact with patients. I know when I was in the medical supply field, we could not have any employee with a felony on their record.
    stancyspencer1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2009, 11:06 AM

There wrong

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Catching STI's [ 1 Answers ]

Can you catch an STI even if you use a condom?? :confused:

My past is catching up to me. [ 17 Answers ]

November 2003 (New Jersey) I was 23 yrs old, convicted of receiving stolen property, sentence was time served 99 days in jail, 2 yrs probation. April 2004 Transferred probation to Pennsylvania. August 2004 (Pennsylvania) Stole a credit card, ran up roughly $1,000 in charges. Got a tip the...

Catching a stray cat [ 3 Answers ]

We have fed a stray cat for about a year now and the other day when he came we noticed he was hurt. He is not putting any weight on one of his front paws, and its been like that for about two weeks. We would like to get him to the vet to see if there is anything they can do, but he won't let us get...

Conscience is catching up! [ 2 Answers ]

I'm hoping you people can really help me out with this. My b/f and I have been dating for 1 1/2 yrs. During his sport season we manage to maintain a very long distance relationship. Problem is: within the last month I've cheated on him (3 times), while very intoxicated, and I mean VERY (although...

Conscience is catching up! [ 3 Answers ]

I'm hoping you people can really help me out with this. My b/f and I have been dating for 1 1/2 yrs. During his sport season we manage to maintain a very long distance relationship. Problem is: within the last month I've cheated on him (3 times), while very intoxicated, and I mean VERY (although...

View more questions Search