Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ben1122us Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2008, 06:07 PM
    Childhood Sweetheart
    I guess I have always thought of her. We'll call her "J" and I knew her for about two years as a kid. I left at age 11 when my stepfather went to the active army. When I left J was absolutley beside herself and I was totally heart broken. I never spoke to J again.
    I lived my life and went through the adventures of youth, but the whole time J was in my mind.
    I have been in love before as a man. I have married, fought in a war and have had children. I have lived a life that has given me a plain logical view of the world. I don't obsess over things I can't change or aren't relevant to the now. However I still love J with all my heart.
    I feel guilty because these feeling are a betrayal to myself and all I am . The other young women I loved are not an issue for me. I don't obsess because I knew it would never had worked with them, but J is and has always been on my mind.
    I recently contacted J's brother. I tried to contact him through her. J's brother was a good friend and when I told her via E-mail that I was looking for her brother she stopped responding to me. I eventually met with J's brother. I didn't even mention J, but three times he brought her up. I am now confused and scared that I might have caused trouble.
    Apparently after I left and J went to Junior High she became very dark and gothic. Then when J grew up she became a hippy tree hugger for some ither guy, but when she was about to call off the relationship she got pregnant and tried to stick it out. J has now left the hippy guy and lives back home with her mom and dad. My marriage is on shakey ground and I am now in regualr contact with J's brother.

I guess I want to know what anyone else thinks.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 8, 2008, 07:10 PM
    I think your contact with her brother, and your shaky marriage, has you looking for something to feel good about.

Forget the girl, and do something about the marriage, one way or another, before your distracted with flights of fancy from the past.

That would be the prudent thing to do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm in love with my childhood sweetheart, but I haven't talked to her in over 4 years [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, to start this off I would first like to give a little background on this whole situation. I'm 17 and the girl I'm referring to is 16 (we'll call her Tara). She transferred to a different school district about 4 years ago. She is popular now, I'm a loner. With that said, I'll explain my problem....

High school sweetheart [ 6 Answers ]

If I find my school sweetheart and he just told me that he love and that he wish he had told me in high school but he did and now he have a girlfriend. He told me that he still love me. I don't think he want to be with her cause he tell he he have deep feeling me but he don't want to hurt any one...

I am in love with my childhood sweetheart but I don't know what to do about it. [ 5 Answers ]

Before I ask for help with my problem, I probably should tell you how my problem first started. I am 17 and the guy that I am referring to will be 18 in September. We will just call him Alex. Several years ago I moved away, and have been unable to physically see Alex since. Alex and I were...

My elementary school sweetheart [ 7 Answers ]

Ok, So my elementary school sweetheart pops back into my life about every 5 years. When we were kids we had a crush on each other but we did the usual kid things, he picked on me and I was mean in return. Both of our mothers are close friends so over the years of us not seeing each other and dating...

View more questions Search