Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lady_rose Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Oct 28, 2008, 03:12 PM
    Friends to lovers
    I just read where the lady was friends with her girlfriends husband, all innocent at first, then one of them make the wrong move.

Right now my hubby is doing that , he is talking on the phone to a friend.. I am scared that it will turn into a affair. They talk for hours everyday, he doesn't talk to me much at all since she showed up in the picture. He gets mad at me for saying that they talk too much, gets mad cause I pull the phone calls online... He is over the road driver so not home much.

He told me nothing is going on... but after reading so many post where friends end up lovers what am I to do... :(

Lady~Rose
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2008, 03:23 PM

If they're not having a sexual affair, it sounds like it's at least an emotional affair so far. All that time he spends talking to these other women he could spend talking to you. I'm really sorry. That's a hard situation to be in.
    satswid Posts: 42, Reputation: -2

Oct 28, 2008, 03:25 PM

Just give him free space.
    Your worries can frustrate him and can give rise to a horrible situation.
    So, just relax and don't ask anything
    Maybe, he just want to make you feel jealous
    Show him you are matured and don't care about just friendship.

If he loves you he will definitely get back to you
    Otherwise he has never loved you.

Good Luck
    Raine75 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2008, 03:26 PM

My husband was a truck driver a number of years ago, on the road all the time, and when he was home he was always online with a lady that he claimed they were just friends, they started talking on the phone and he told me they were still just friends. One night, I went into his chat history and found they had been telling each other they love each other and he was planning on leaving me and my 2 young daughters for her. So I confronted him on it and gave him the ultimatum that it was either her or I, and I gave him a deadline to think about it. Needless to say 2 days later he calle me at home and told me he loved me and he was sorry and he wanted to stay and work things out and never spoke to her again. That was 9 years ago. And I now have 100% complete trust in him. Sometimes it takes what they think they may lose to realize what they have.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 28, 2008, 04:26 PM

Almost all affairs start as "just friends". Almost all of them. You have plenty of reason to worry.

There's also not much you can do to stop it if you two aren't in that "still growing and laughing and going out of our way to make each other's lives better" mode.

You will have to decide what you are or aren't going to do if things really do go bad.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 28, 2008, 09:19 PM

You really don't have to put up with this, as kicking him to the curb would solve all that worry. If you can't do that, you condone his really bad behavior. Then its your fault for staying with the disrespectful jerk!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stuck between to lovers [ 4 Answers ]

I have a boy friend I didn't really like him at first well as a lover he was my best friend when he asked me out I had just gotten out of another relationship with my ex who use to be one of my friends I still love my ex and my current never really showed affection torwards me until yesterday when...

Ever heard of anyone going from lovers, to friends, back to lovers? [ 16 Answers ]

Has anyone ever heard of two people breaking up, actually bieng just friends for a while, and then actually getting back together?

Dog lovers? [ 40 Answers ]

Does anybody else here share my concern about the 10,000,000 dogs slaughtered every year for lack of homes? Many of them live short, miserable lives before a less than humane death. This is graphic, Brightlion | In Hope The dog forums I have been a part of are uniformly anti breeding. I don't...

Friends or lovers? [ 7 Answers ]

My best friend and I went out for a while last year- it's now been over a year since we split up, but we talk all the time. It was only really after we split up that I realised I was in love with him. Anyway, he has recently become a lot more flirty with me, and we have got much closer than we...

View more questions Search