Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lil_tams Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2006, 10:52 AM
    Friends or lovers?
    My best friend and I went out for a while last year- it's now been over a year since we split up, but we talk all the time. It was only really after we split up that I realised I was in love with him.
    Anyway, he has recently become a lot more flirty with me, and we have got much closer than we were.
    The other night when we were out he was hugging me a lot and touching my bum, and said that he loves me. I spoke to him about it yesterday, and at first he said that he didn't want to ruin what we already had by risking our friendship, even though he really cares about me. Then he changed his mind and said that he was willing to risk it.
    The thing is, I'm paranoid that he is only saying this to keep from upsetting me (he knows I get very depressed sometimes.)
    I am totally in love with him, but rather confused.
    Should we try and make a relationship work, or just leave it as friends?
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2006, 10:56 AM
    If he says he wants and you want it then go for it. You don't want to look back a few years from now and say you regret it.
    oh baby 123 Posts: 13, Reputation: 0

Nov 3, 2006, 02:50 PM
    First of all he likes you and you like him so why not. Second don't worry about it but if he breaks up with you instead of getting all puffy try to keep focus and tell yourself that because he broke up with doesn't mean that you have to hate him and try to be friends and forget what happened.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2006, 03:23 PM
    It sounds like there could be some potential here for a successful relationship. Just take things very slowly with no pressure. Becoming pushy or clingy will scare him off and ruin things. Remain busy living your own life as well. Make him only a part of your life, not the central focus of it.
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Nov 3, 2006, 03:37 PM
    You can either take the chance or look back and ask yourself 'What if?'

Go for it! :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 3, 2006, 04:40 PM
    If you go slow and take your time to do this right you just might have something. No rush.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Nov 4, 2006, 02:21 PM
    Tal is right on the mark with this one. A slowly and carefully developed relationship than manages to also keep the friendship alive is the VERY best thing that has ever happened to me. I would wish for everyone on the planet a relationship like that. If my spouse and I should find on any given day that we are not in sync as lovers or spouses, we are at the very least the best of friends which has weathered many a storm for us.

Go slow and develop your appreciation for each other with great care. It will pay off handsomely down the road!
    gansada Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Nov 4, 2006, 02:33 PM
    Hello!

Well lets see, he admits he likes/loves u.

Was/still your best/friend.

Watch his actions. Love for little signs.

No rush. Keep what is in your heart.

Try not to think bout the future....

Talk to him face to face.

No friend. no family. no work. no school. nothing but you two.

If he is willing to do this, talk like there is no tomorrow.

Ask, think, show.

Peace!

Hoped i helped!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Are There Any Free Personals Sites To Meet Single Animal Lovers? [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know if anyone knows of any, or has had experiences with any, personals sites, which are absolutely 100% FREE, for singles to meet other singles, but particularly for ANIMAL LOVERS only? THANKS :)

More than friends [ 12 Answers ]

I've been with my friend for more than 6 months now. I've known him for over a year. We have a special relationship, you could say that we are basically "fuck-buddies". We end up having sex at least once a week and we've arranged it that way. We've never actually sat down and talked about it, it...

I have no friends! [ 12 Answers ]

Hi everybody. I have a problem which is completely eating me up and it's getting worse day by day. The main problem is that I find it difficult to keep friends. Whenever I make friends with a group of people, there is always one person in that group who takes a dislike to me, and she (it's...

Is it always right to be friends with your ex? [ 15 Answers ]

Hi there... this is my first and maybe my last post here... I was redirected to this site from a website called www.hell.com quite funny that that site was recommended to me by my ex... who by chance happens to still be one of my closest and must trustworthy friends... at the hell.com website you...

View more questions Search