Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Oct 28, 2008, 12:07 AM
    Alcohol and antibiotics?
    Is it okay for someone that is taking antibiotics for a bladder infection to drink alcohol?
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 28, 2008, 03:45 AM

Are you wanting to tie one on CM? LOL! From what my Dr. told me, they can sometimes lose their effectiveness a little, but as not as it's not in large ammts. it will not really have any ill effects, and still work for what they were precribed for. Although, I can't speak specifically about bladder infections. Maybe J9 will come around to clarify.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Oct 29, 2008, 11:07 AM

No, my friend wants to know because I'm having a party tonight, and she doesn't know if she can drink because of her meds.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 29, 2008, 11:53 AM

How can you tell I was tired, and it was 4am that I wrote that? I just noticed all of my spelling errors, lol. It won't hurt her CM. The worst that would probably happen is, like I said, they would lose their effectiveness that day. I really don't think a couple drinks are going to matter much though.

I do remember being on antibiotics for an infection, and some old friends from out of town showed up out of the blue, and we went out and actually ended up getting trashed! I had already taken the pills of course, but at the end of my prescrip. my infection was gone, so that night of drinking didn't seem to affect it at all.

Have fun at your party! Have one for me k? ;)

(btw... I just opened up a "haunted castle" in the lounge... stop on by! :D)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cyst/ Antibiotics [ 7 Answers ]

Ok my doctor told me that I had strep throat and I was put on Z-Pac and then I went to the down there doctor and she told me I had a liquid filled cyst so she prescribed me Metronidazol and doxycycl on top of my antibiotic that I was taking for strep throat. Well now my vagina is really sensitive...

Antibiotics [ 4 Answers ]

What is the downside of not having the correct dosage of penicillin? I have been prescribed 4 tabs a day for 2 weeks and there have been a few days I have forgotten and/or not taken all the full dosage. Does this mean that I am prone to an antibiotic allergy which I understand is a complete...

UTI and antibiotics [ 2 Answers ]

Why I'm I still feeling symptoms of a UTI , if I took antibiotics for 3 days?

More Antibiotics? [ 6 Answers ]

Ok, here we go again. I swear I should just mail you guys my vet's $$$$. I can never get ahold of him... lol. Anyway, my dog has had infected anal glands twice in the past 5-6 weeks. He has been on antibiotics for approx. 3 weeks out of those 5-6 weeks. Well, guess what?? There still seems to be a...

Antibiotics [ 1 Answers ]

?? Please can you tell me what the worse side affects are for metronidoze 200mg are as I'm really scared to take them but I know I have to.

View more questions Search