Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swift1984 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2008, 10:36 AM
    Should I wait for my girlfriend?
    Right, this is the first time I'm posting my feelings on something like and unsure of the responses I will get.

Well here goes...

I have been with my girlfriend for 1year and 3months, we used to have little fights/arguments nearly every week and we started sorting things out, weeks would go by without niggling at each other which was great, one night I just turned off and became so bitter after an argument that I was looking for so I could let off steam but it did not happen so I left it.

2 weeks ago my girlfriend said that she thinks we should talk because of a comment I made, yes there are a lot of things like jealousy etc etc which I won't get into but the main thing I want to get into is...

My girlfriend said she needs her space and that we should take a break, as her father is forcing her to study next year but she is confused on working or studying which is a factor and I understand that she needs to sort those issues out and I have been putting pressure on her as my jealousy got out of control (which is now in the process of being controlled)

She said to me that she does want to be with me and I said I will wait for her as I do believe she is the one, and when you love somebody so much you will fight till the bitter end, I sent a message last nyt saying sweet things and she said that it was the sweetest message ever and it made her cry so I asked if it was happy tears and she said of course and that it makes her thing what she is doing doing without me and what she is missing out with me, I spoke to her about an hour ago to see what she meant and she said there are a lot of idiots out there and here I am right under her nose and she doesn't know what she is doing. She tells me there is no one else and no one will come between us while we on this break. I just don't know, I want to wait and be there for her cause I will fight for her and she is so worth waiting for but I don't want us to grow apart while we on the break which she told me we won't. And she is so happy and great that I feel this way for her. What advice to you people have for me, I'm sure a lot of you have been in a similar situation. She is 20 I am 24.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2008, 11:06 AM

Advice: Leave her alone! The best way to make someone miss you is to erase yourself from their life for awhile. Do that. It makes the heart grow fonder. Maybe she comes back, maybe she doesn't. Work on yourself for awhile and leave her be.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 25, 2008, 09:23 AM
    When u love somebody so much u will fight till the bitter end,
    Naw, no way. When you love someone, and they love you, you find a way to work together, and be together, through thick, and thin.

What kind of distance are we talking about?
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2008, 08:48 PM
    Dude, give her her space. Let her think,b ut don't let it go one for too long. If she is moving on then you need to know, and not waiting for some one who is going to screw you over in the end.

Your situation sounds a lot like mine. My ex wanted a break. She told me that she cared about me, and wasn't sure about the reason she felt that the way she did and wanted time to think and not make a final decision till she got back. Little did I realize she had other plans.

Basically what I'm saying is, respect the space, focus on yourself, and don't go months waiting for a confused girl to make a decision. Sooner or later you or her is going to have to make a move. Don't be the one at the short end of the deal wishing you would have just let go.

One other thing, if you want to work this out with her at all, you have to keep the jealousy at a minimum. It won't help anything.
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2008, 10:22 PM

Jealousy! Is soooo stupid isn't it.

We get ourselves all work up over normal nothing. Then when once in a blue moon we are right. We go yes! I knew I had a reason to feel like that.

Sadly that emotion is the worst thing you can feel. It will just drive everyone away my friend.

Give her space and when you do this. Remind you self that she might not come back

Because words are just words. And they say things like
    Ill miss you
    I want you in my life
    This is only for a little bit
    I'm not going to date anyone.
    Billy you're my one and only. Lalal

All just words to make them feel better!
    Make yourself feel better

Work on yourself my friend get out there :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is my girlfriend/ex girlfriend thinking? Will she realize what she's lost? [ 44 Answers ]

All right, before I start let me just say that I have been dating this girl for 3 years, ever since we graduated from high school. Background info: We met in high school, I really never knew her up until my senior year. We're both the same age and she sat beside me in class because she taught I...

MY Ex Girlfriend is Pregnant, But I'm In love With mY new Girlfriend. [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, to whom it may concern my name is sam. I am 21 years old and I just don't get it. I had been with my ex for 2 odd some reasons, and then I broke up with her. I found out that she found someone right away. I felt happy inside for her at that time. Finally I found the love of my live who loves...

My girlfriend wanted a break. How long should I wait before I contact her? [ 25 Answers ]

I just found this site and I appreciate any advice I can get. I've been with my girlfriend for 3 1/2 years. We met through my cousin, her best friend, when she was 19 and I was 23 and I fell so hard I told her to move in with me and so we've been living together for pretty much the whole time....

To wait or not to wait, *confused* [ 15 Answers ]

Greetings. I hope to get some feedback and advice on the following situation. I met this girl through my room mate's brother over the summer. This girl was his rebound after he's GF left him. As the summer progressed, my room mate's brother got back with his ex after she wanting him back. ...

View more questions Search