Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tamtams45 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2008, 06:44 AM
    Getting CDL with a 15-year-old felony on driving record
    How do I get a 15-year-old felony on driving record removed so I can get a CDL?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2008, 06:53 AM
    Hello tam:

You get a pardon. You get one of those by hiring a good lawyer.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2008, 11:01 AM

Depending on the circumstances you might not have to do anything. It's basically your driving record that counts as this felony was so long ago. It also depends on the motor carrier's insurance requirements. I know most trucking companies want at least 5 years out from a felony conviction. The only problem you would have being a driver would be if your company wanted to send you into Canada and then the felony would stand in your way or you were to haul hazardous materials like gasoline, propane or chemicals then the felony would deny you these loads.

If you are looking to get a CDL, the felony won't disqualify you from obtaining one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freee truck driving training for felon but very clean driving record? [ 22 Answers ]

I would love to drive semi's local or cross country, but I do not have the job training or the finances for driving school. Can someone please help me ? Thank you Oscar

15 year old felony on my record [ 11 Answers ]

In 1994 I was arested for receiving a stolen shotgun that I was going to use for hunting. I was charged with stolen property. This is now 15 years old and of course is still on my record. When I fill out applications for city jobs etc and they ask if I have a felony. I know I need to answer...

How do I get a felony of my record [ 1 Answers ]

When I was 16 I was charged with stealing and I was tried as a adult. I had five year probation. I have been clean for 8 years. Is there any way to get the felony of my records?

View more questions Search