Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toddoverholt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2008, 05:56 PM
    span of 2x12
    I'm building a deck and was wondering how far I could span 2x12 joists
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Oct 17, 2008, 10:01 AM

Depends on the spacing, a 2 x 12 at 16" o.c. could span anywhere from 13 to 20 feet. Check this link:

Span Tables Floor Joists and Trusses | Raised Floor Living | Southern Pine Council™ | 1-504-443-4464

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scorpion Life Span [ 4 Answers ]

Could anyone tell me what the life span of a large scorpion is? My sister has had one for a year and a half and mentioned it is really slowing down and doesn't have an appetite anymore. Is it possible it is slowing down because it is becoming winter?

How to increase time span in sex [ 9 Answers ]

I am 28, married I want to increase time span My partner ask me to increase this time How to increase it?

Making a girder from 2X12 lumber [ 4 Answers ]

I am planning to build a 24 X 26, gable entry, 2 car (double door) garage with a 12/12 roof pitch so I can use the loft area for a studio. My idea was to run a 26 foot girder down the center to support the ceiling joists. My question is, if I make a girder by sandwiching 2 X 12 lumber, "what is the...

Beam span [ 2 Answers ]

What is the usual span for two 2x8 nailed side by side. Im building a new deck 24' x 24' I don't know if I need this much support (2x8) nailed side by sdie

Eviction time span help [ 1 Answers ]

I have looked all over but can not find the answer I need. My daughter and her family are unable to make this next months rent and I am sure that the landlord is going to start eviction proceedings as soon as she is able. I need to know what the time span (approx) will be before she has to leave...

View more questions Search