Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    makinjeeps Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2008, 08:05 AM
    Lost power in 2 rooms?
    We lost power in two of our rooms, half of our bedroom and all of our daughters room. My husband has checked all the circuit breakers and they all seem to be fine. Before we have to call the electrician any advise?
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2008, 11:40 AM

I had a somewhat similar problem that turned out to be a tripped GFCI that was in a bathroom.
    Might be worth a look.

Good Luck,
    WallyH
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2008, 11:50 AM

That's what I was going to suggest. We lost power in our dining room because the GFCI outlet in the bathroom tripped. I didn't even know it was on the same circuit because we just moved into a new house and hardly anything is labeled in the panel. Good times. Lol
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2008, 12:08 PM

Piling on to the above advice.

If a gfci, commonly in the bathroom or a kitchen, has tripped, it can shut down anything downstream from it... so check for outlets with "reset/test" buttons in the middle, usually around areas that are wet, like sinks, etc...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have no power to two rooms in my house [ 8 Answers ]

I have checked the breaker box and there is no indication of a tripped breaker. The two romms with no power each have a breaker assigned.

Lost flushing power [ 1 Answers ]

Within the last several months I have noticed my water tank is not filling up all the way which may or may not be causing me to have no power when flushing - meaning, I have to hold down the handle longer to make sure it flushes all the way and it's not flushing with good power. Thanks in advance!

Mobile Home - Lights and power not working in certain rooms. [ 6 Answers ]

My husband isn't mechanically inclined and I rent my home from a ghetto landlord who says for me to fix things and send him a bill. So I live in a 1500 sq ft. mobile home, and right now my power to one of my bathrooms, my dining room and my sons room will not work. The TV in my sons room that is...

Lost wired connection after power down. [ 9 Answers ]

I have a no internet connection from my desktop to Linksys router. Port does not light up on router. Wireless connections are fine. The PC has a LOM (lan on motherboard). In device manager the network adapter shows code 10. When PC is powered down for a while, I notice that port 1 on router is lit....

Carrier Gas Burner lost power [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am having a weird problem at home now: For no reason, my GAS burner suddenly lost its electricity power. The light on it went off. It's a Carrier GAS burner, supposedly very good, used only 4 years. I checked the main service panel, everything seems OK. However, no power to the burner...

View more questions Search