Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heatlessinny Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2008, 09:22 AM
    Changed out radiator w/copper supply baseboard w/ pex supply
    And there is no heat in eminating from this baseboard.
    This was done in one room only and off the original radiator line.the system is all hotwater radiator w/the exception of this one room. We did not change the original heating supply line to this but added valves and then the pex. Seems the hot water will not flow into the new connection we have bled at the valves but still no water passes through.
    The contractors tell me (after they installed it ofcourse) that the system will not work with a radiator system changed to one branch of baseboard. I have in the past changed a primery hot water baseboard system and added to one room a radiator w/o problem.
    I have inquired w/ other heating pros and have been advised that a bleader elbow is needed on the return line, it does seem as though air is trapped in the baseboard line.My contractors tell me I need to add another circulator and additional pex from the heating unit at an additional cost which I want to avoid.
    What do you think thanks...
    Heatless in NY
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2008, 07:43 PM
    Help me understand this... contractors installed it and it doesn't work? And they tell you afterwards that it won't work? What kind of contractors are you dealing with that do shoddy work then make it your problem? Or did you do it yourself?
    heatlessinny Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2008, 12:43 PM
    Thanks for the response...
    Did a good job on the over all work... but there were a few problems which we sorted out...
    Except this one which I had to do the research on (as I am doing now)..
    I have held back $$ until the heat comes up. If all else fails we'll go w/ a mono flow tee connected to the exsisting circulator and run pex form that. Do you know why this hasn't worked ? Do you have another suggestion? Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Bound View Post
    Help me understand this.....contractors installed it and it doesn't work? And they tell you afterwards that it won't work? What kind of contractors are you dealing with that do shoddy work then make it your problem? Or did you do it yourself?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting Copper Supply Lines to Brass Supply Lines [ 3 Answers ]

I have just started remodeling my kitchen and am looking to move my kitchen sink further down the wall. The kitchen is completely gutted at this point. The supply lines in my house are all brass. I'm looking to stem off the brass lines using copper tubing. Is it possible to cut the brass supply...

3 phase supply Vs 1Phase Supply [ 1 Answers ]

I wanted to know difference between 3 phase and 1 phase conceptually

Radiator/Baseboard Heater Won't Turn Off! [ 1 Answers ]

I just purchased and moved into a new condo. There is a baseboard heater/radiator in the master bath that will not seem to turn off. It has one knob on the left that indicates you turn it to the right for "warmer". I have it all the way to the left and it will not turn off. There is no master...

Plastic or copper for outside water supply? [ 14 Answers ]

I live in cold winter climate. I want to run water from inside the house to outside for watering in summer. I have black HDPE to a brass valve, then connecting to 3/4 PEX to service the house. As per the picture, I want to tee in and run 1" cold water outside to connect to a watering system. The...

Whole house water supply copper to cpvc [ 2 Answers ]

I recently bought a house with a private well . The previous owner never had any type of water treatment or filter system on the water supply. Because of this all the 1/2" copper tube is lined with sediment and sludge restricting the flow to all faucets and outlets. There is already some 3/4" cpvc...

View more questions Search