Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    freezerburn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2008, 05:39 AM
    HP Pavilion dv4000 freezes unless pressure is applied
    I've got a strange issue with my HP Pavilion dv4000... For a little over a year, it's been occasionally freezing. It freezes in a strange way, in that it seems that the computer has frozen but if I press on the lower right corner of the laptop, the computer will unfreeze. It'll even register keystrokes while frozen, then enter them after it unfreezes. It's been getting worse and worse to where I now have to keep pressure on the laptop at all times in order to keep it from freezing, and often have to bend the body to bring it back to life.

Anyone have any ideas why or what to do to fix it?

Thanks!
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2008, 06:07 AM

It sounds like your computer has an intermittent connection (probably the keyboard connector).
    Laptops are notoriously difficult to work on, as everything is crammed in so tightly. If you can find someone who is familiar with the HP laptops, the fix is probably just a matter of re-inserting the cable in the connector securely. The hard part is finding someone who is suitable for this repair. I've taken apart laptops before and it is not much fun.

Good luck,
    WallyH

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hibernation hp pavilion dv4000 [ 1 Answers ]

I have an hp pavilion dv4000. I have never had a problem, but a virus destroyed my software, and they have to reinstall the operating system again. All my info was lost. Now it is OK, but I can't hibernate, and when I close the lid it doesn't turn down. What can I do? The option of stand by is...

HP Pavilion dv4000 [ 1 Answers ]

My laptop is having a occasional problem with the touchpad stop working periodly than it would start working if the area surrounding the touchpad is hit or squeezed. I would like to open it just to check the connections to make sure it's not just a loose connection but don't know how to get into...

HP Pavilion dv5000? [ 4 Answers ]

How do I access or open the Recovery Drive on an HP Pavilion dv5000?

Please help with my hp pavilion a200n cd-rom [ 2 Answers ]

OK... im a big gamer but my mom picked out the computer for my birthday.. it runs the games I like.. rather used to but now my cd-rom is totally *****ed up I got new cd-roms blah blah same thing... I got a new "wire thingy" that runs from the cd rom to the motherboard.. SAME THING.. I also put in...

HP Pavilion a200n Desktop - no XP cd? [ 2 Answers ]

I have purchased an HP Pavilion a200n Desktop in 2003 and am wanting to format the hardrive, but I now realized that I do not have an operating system CD. The HP website suggests creating a recovery CD. However, won't that just restore the system back to the state it was in when the recovery CD...

View more questions Search