Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davidcabigting Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2008, 02:54 AM
    My fiancé overstay in us. Can I sue them?
    My fiancé had overstay in us now she's living in the house of a married american guy. Can I sue them?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Oct 13, 2008, 01:01 PM

Why did she leave you? She has the right whether to get married or not. You don't have enough grounds to sue them. K-1 holder comes to US to get married, if you're not married, she must return to her home country within 90 days from the date she entered US.

She is not eligible to marry someone else or file adjustment of status. In plain word, if she married someone else, she must return to her home country first in order to file for green card.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does my fianc? Never want sex? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok me and my fiancé have been together for a little more than 2 years, and things of course used to be awesome in the bed room. He use to pay me late night visits and send me naughty pictures on my phone. But oh about 8 months into the relationship it started going down hill. We went from every...

Visa overstay [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I just got married in April , I am pregnant and he can't find a job because he doesn't have papers. He overstayed his visa... He is from Jordan and I'm american, who can I talk to or what can I do, to get him a work permit without him being deported... If someone calls immigration...

How to get my fiancŽ to the US [ 1 Answers ]

At the moment I am with my fiancé in the UK. We are planning to go back to the US and get married, but we are a little (well a LOT) confused on how to go about it. I have been to the USCIS website. It seems like I need to use either the K-1 visas for fiancés and the K-3 visas for spouses. But,...

Me and my fianc? [ 3 Answers ]

My fiancé has trust issues and it bugs me to death! I love him with all of my heart! But he accuses me of cheating on him all the time and he gets jealous when I text guys on my phone! Can someone give me some advice on what I should do?

View more questions Search