Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jennysolano18 Posts: 36, Reputation: 4

Sep 30, 2008, 11:16 AM
    Pregnancy Crisis
    Hi everyone!! I am 13 weeks pregnant and I had a discharge yesturday. The discharge was reddish/brown and mucus like. It stopped in the night but I did have some moderate cramping. In the morning I had the discharge again and it was more than yesturday. It seemed like if I was just about to end my period. Is this normal? What should I do? I called my physician and they won't see me because I haven't started my initial prenatal care. They told me to go to the ER but I don't have any insurance. Can any one tell me what is going on? I am so worried, this is my first pregnancy and I don't want to lose my baby!!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2008, 11:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jennysolano18 View Post
    Hi everyone!!! I am 13 weeks pregnant and I had a discharge yesturday. The discharge was reddish/brown and mucus like. It stopped in the night but I did have some moderate cramping. In the morning I had the discharge again and it was more than yesturday. It seemed like if I was just about to end my period. Is this normal? What should I do? I called my physician and they won't see me because I haven't started my initial prenatal care. They told me to go to the ER but I don't have any insurance. Can any one tell me what is going on? I am so worried, this is my first pregnancy and I don't want to lose my baby!!!!

As a health educator who counsels pregnant women I'm sure you realize you need medical attention, whatever form that takes. If it's the ER without insurance, well, I don't see that you have a choice.

When do you plan to begin prenatal care?
    aragon4 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2008, 11:46 AM

First of all how old are you? You need to call
    The doctors office again and try very hard to get in.
    I don't want to scare you but I went through the same thing 6 months ago and I lost the
    Baby, but I am not saying you will but you
    Really need to get to the doctors or emergancy room now!! I am 43 and already have 3 boys
    And this would have been my 1st daughter
    Unfortunately I can not try again but if you are
    Young enough you can.. I will keep you in my
    Prayers..

Sep 30, 2008, 11:50 AM

Well you see I have the appointment for this Friday and the lady that answered th phone said that I can't get seen by the dr. because I am going to be a new patient. I am 18 y/o I know I am young but I am married and this pregnancy was planned. I do want to got to the ER but I am so scared!! I feel so depressed.
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2008, 11:58 AM
    Well you see I have the appointment for this friday and the lady that answered th phone said that I can't get seen by the dr. because I am going to be a new patient. I am 18 y/o i know I am young but I am married and this pregnancy was planned. I do want to got to the ER but I am so scared!!! I feel so depressed.

Again, as a health counsellor who works with pregnant women you know how serious this coulc be and hopefully it's not. I know you're frightened. I know money is an issue. You have to get medical treatment. If something goes wrong you will have a very hard time forgiving yourself.

I know you're scared to go - but being afraid of what MIGHT be happening really is worse than KNOWING what is happening.

You have GOT to go for medical treatment.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2008, 12:10 PM

When in doubt, you need to have it checked out... the peace of mind is worth it. Some women will have some bleeding or spotting in early pregnancy for a variety of reasons, and things continue just fine.. even some mild cramping can be normal... but you don't know until you have it checked.

With the minimal amount of discharge and cramping, it is likely just a part of your pregnancy, but since you are concerned, go in.

Since money is a concern for the ER, do you have any family member that might be willing to help out? At the least you could maybe go to a walk in clinic or pregnancy center if you have anything like that near by. I'd call your own doctor again and explain the situation once more, stressing that you would be willing to sit in the office and wait until they can squeeze you in. (which they should be able to because time is usually built into the scheduling for those types of situations)
    aragon4 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2008, 12:13 PM
    Yes please go to the ER, tell them you are not able to pay and they will set up a
    Payment plan. Then file for medicade later. You really need to be seen as Judy said
    It could be nothing and that would be wonderful, but as in my case I knew what to
    Expect because I had seen the dr earlier and he told me what was going to happen so
    It wasn't so scarry. In the ER they will do a vaginal ultrasound to see if your
    Baby is OK. For the baby go to the ER..
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2008, 12:17 PM

Jenny, you can go the ER. They will examine you and do an ultrasound. They can also check the baby heart beat. You don't need insurance but eventually your going to have to get some. I had the same discharge but only saw it when I wiped. I went to the doctor and it wasn't a miscarriage it was only old dryed blood and mainly due to having sex so I was told not to have sex for 1 week and was given a return appointment. I too had cramping. So go to the ER and still keep your appointment for Friday. This is the only way you would be put at ease. Also, look into getting medicaid for yourself and being that your pregnant you will get it faster and while your waiting you will be given a notice to keep with you in case you need to go to the ER.

Sep 30, 2008, 01:00 PM

Thanks you Guys I really appreciate all of your advice. And yes I will go to the ER for my baby's health. Thank You I appreciate it!!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 30, 2008, 07:48 PM
    Have you had sex within the 48 hours preceding this discharge?

Oct 6, 2008, 01:02 PM

Hi everyone,

Well I went to the ER and it turns out I had a missed abortion. My baby died when I was 9 weeks pregnant. It just gave up and stopped growing. The doctors showed me my baby through an ultrasound before they told me that he or she had passed away. I don't know why it happened the doctor said that it is normal. That it happens to many women. They didn't take the fetus or the tissue out, they just gave me medication so it can come out. And today in the morning I saw it in the toilet. It was so heart breaking, I was actually looking forward to my first baby. But I guess things happen for a reason. Thanks everyone for giving me advice and pushing me to go to the ER I really appreciate it. Thank You!
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2008, 01:08 PM

I am glad to hear that you went to the er but sorry to hear about your baby.
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2008, 01:08 PM
    Hi everyone,

Well i went to the ER and it turns out i had a missed abortion. My baby died when I was 9 weeks pregnant. It just gave up and stopped growing. The doctors showed me my baby through an ultrasound before they told me that he or she had passed away. I don't know why it happened the doctor said that it is normal. That it happens to many women. They didn't take the fetus or the tissue out, they just gave me medication so it can come out. And today in the morning I saw it in the toilet. It was so heart breaking, i was actually looking forward to my first baby. But I guess things happen for a reason. Thanks everyone for giving me advice and pushing me to go to the ER I really appreciate it. Thank You!

Come back and let us know how you're doing, okay? I went through something like this and I found one day, some time later the grief was just astounding. It's your baby and that's hard for people to understand.

Take your time to feel sad because that's necessary but take care of yourself, too.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2008, 01:27 PM

So sorry to hear how things turned out for you. Take care of yourself...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair Crisis! [ 3 Answers ]

I have brown blonde hair and I have been dying it black for a little over a year now. I want to go back to my natural hair color then go a lightish blonde. I know that is pretty much impossible to dye my black hair and turn it blonde... and I heard stripping makes your hair very rough and straw...

Midlife crisis [ 11 Answers ]

I will be fifty this year and feel frightened when I think about it. Iīm single and have one daughter who lives elsewhere and is not speaking to me. I feel there are so many goals I havenīt reached, both professionally and personally it makes me sad. Seven years ago I was living abroad and...

Is he having a midlife crisis? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been married to the same man for 30 years. We haven't slept in the same bed for 6 years. He claims I snore too much. We have had sex maybe 3 times in those years. I think he has erection problems even though he has never talked about itl All he ever does is make remarks about the weight I...

Many Crisis [ 1 Answers ]

I am not sure how to help myself. I am very upset most of my life. I can't afford therapy and I am afraid to if I could. The man that I love is so against mental illness. Ever since I can remember I have worried about things. I am talking about a young age. First it was my father? Was he...

Relationships crisis [ 2 Answers ]

Would like to know if my present partner is the one for life or my ex boyfriend or none of them,is there anyone still coming into my life? And is that ex boyfriend the father of my daughter? Date of birth 06.05.1978.

View more questions Search