Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2008, 12:10 PM
    Passive Aggressive
    Please, I need to know what a passive aggressive mad would act like. Thanks!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 29, 2008, 01:25 PM
    Passive-aggressive behavior
    From Wikipedia

Passive-aggressive behavior refers to passive, sometimes obstructionist resistance to following authoritative instructions in interpersonal or occupational situations. It can manifest itself as learned helplessness, procrastination, stubbornness, resentment, sullenness, or deliberate/repeated failure to accomplish requested tasks for which one is (often explicitly) responsible. It is a defense mechanism, and (more often than not) only partly conscious. For example, suppose someone does not wish to attend a party. A passive-aggressive response in that situation might involve taking so long to get ready that the party is nearly over by the time they arrive.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2008, 01:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE View Post
    Please, I need to know what a passive aggressive mad would act like. Thanks!

There's a ton of information on the Internet, much of it copyrighted.

However, here's a brief quote: Passive-Aggressive Traits...

"People with PAPD are characterized by covert obstructionism, procrastination, stubbornness, and inefficiency. Such behavior is a manifestation of passively expressed underlying aggression. In the DSM-IV the disorder is also called negativistic PD.

CLINICAL FEATURES

PAPD patients characteristically procrastinate, resist demands for adequate performance, find excuses for delays, and find fault with those on whom they depend; yet they refuse to extricate themselves from the dependent relationships. They usually lack assertiveness and are not direct about their own needs and wishes. They fail to ask needed questions about what is expected of them and may become anxious when forced to succeed or when their usual defense of turning anger against themselves is removed.

In interpersonal relationships, these people attempt to manipulate themselves into a position of dependence, but others often experience this passive, self-detrimental behavior as punitive and munipulative. People with this disorder expect others to do their errands and to carry out their routine responsibilities. "
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 29, 2008, 02:25 PM
    Passive-aggressive behavior
    From Wikipedia

Passive-aggressive behavior refers to passive, sometimes obstructionist resistance to following authoritative instructions in interpersonal or occupational situations. It can manifest itself as learned helplessness, procrastination, stubbornness, resentment, sullenness, or deliberate/repeated failure to accomplish requested tasks for which one is (often explicitly) responsible. It is a defense mechanism, and (more often than not) only partly conscious. For example, suppose someone does not wish to attend a party. A passive-aggressive response in that situation might involve taking so long to get ready that the party is nearly over by the time they arrive.
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2008, 02:28 PM

Thank you. Any personal stories?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How Do I Deal With My Passive-Aggressive Boy Friend? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been dating this guy off and on for a year and I have fallen in love with him. He told me today that he recently uncovered that he is passive aggressive. This is a quote from his e-mail he sent me, " One thing I have recently uncovered is that I can be passive aggressive... I never really...

Passive Aggressive spouse/ want to leave [ 1 Answers ]

Contemplating leave my spouse. We have grown apart, three small children, he will not agree to counseling and he's passive aggressive. What legal recourse do I have before I walk out with my children

Religious or Political / Aggressive or Passive? [ 13 Answers ]

Opinions please. Did the act of placing a Mezuzah at Gate 5 constitute an illegal political act? Was it aggressive? Was it provocative? Was it wrong? Or was it simply a case of Jews peacefully performing their religious observance in a way that doesn't affect the Arabs in the area? Does...

View more questions Search