Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommyv Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Sep 25, 2008, 08:38 PM
    When should you take a hpt when your sure you ovulated directly after your period?
    I got my period a little late this month but it came and lasted for four days, pretty normal. Then my hubby and I had sex on day five. By day 7 I had some spotting and now I have other symptoms of pregnancy, so when should I test? Could I already have been pg? I worry about prenatal care because I've had one very complicated pregnancy and two miscarriages. Thanks to anyone who can answer this!
    mommyv Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Sep 25, 2008, 10:11 PM

OK I just read a post and it says that it's not always likely to spot and I know this, but this would be my fifth pregnancy and I always have signs very soon after conception, I'd just like to know when it would be most likely to read the hormones for me to take a hpt and was wondering if it's likely I was just already pg because my period was a little off but I'm not one to worry when it's a little off you know? It happens. Now, I feel bloated, for about 4 days, and my breasts are tender, and I think I have a cold with a little tummy thing but that's also common for me when pg. thanks again.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2008, 03:20 AM

Some tests will pick up a positive 8-10 dpo... so if you happen to ovulate very early in your cycle, you might get an accurate result early on. The spotting may have been from the recent sex... you could have been pregnant already... you will have to try a test and see what results you get. Accuracy with the tests increases however the closer you are to when your next period is due.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Have I ovulated [ 1 Answers ]

I have been testing for ten days and I did a boots ovulation test yesterday, at 2pm it looked a positive the line in the control window was slightly darker on one side of the line, I did another test at tea time and it was negative, do I still continue to have sex or have I already ovulated.

If I had sex the day before I ovulated, can I be? [ 2 Answers ]

If I had sex the day before I ovulated and skipped the actual date of ov , did I increase my chances of getting pregnant? Also, I tracked my ov dates, and I was just wondering when I should take a pregnancy test, my period is supposed to come about 1 1/2 weeks to 2 weeks. Please help :confused:

Printing directly to disc [ 3 Answers ]

I recently " inherited an R300 printer --- printing text /photos is OK my problem is I cannot work out how to print directly onto a disc i.e.. A downloaded film cd cover-when I open the downloaded cd cover and press print I get the message via the status monitor --CD/DVD guide is open Remove...

VCR hookup directly into TV [ 2 Answers ]

Are there any VCR/DVD combo units that can be directly hooked into the TV for recording purposes? That don't have to run through an external box - such as cable or Dish?

View more questions Search