Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dlaney Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2007, 12:40 PM
    VCR hookup directly into TV
    Are there any VCR/DVD combo units that can be directly hooked into the TV for recording purposes? That don't have to run through an external box - such as cable or Dish?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 1, 2007, 12:42 PM
    A VCR/DVD recorder takes a video input and records it. A TV takes a video input and displays it. Both need a video input. Unless you TV has a video output that you can plug into the VCR (rare) you have to use some video input. Where does your TV get your input from.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2007, 06:47 AM
    Agree with ScottGem, TV is at the end of the line.
    At most basic, if you have Antenna or cable going into DVD/VCR will go out to TV.
    Older Tv's do not have Audio/Video inputs, and some DVD/VCR's Don't have cable fitting to TV. You need Modulator to convert Audio/Video to a Cable output(Channel 3 or 4)
    Have found these at dollar store for $12.00(RCA)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

VCR and Directv hookup [ 2 Answers ]

I can't successfully hook up my vcr with my directv service. I've followed all the diagrams with no luck. I'm unable to record Or view any previously recorded shows. Can you help me?

Television and vcr hookup [ 5 Answers ]

The question is how to connect a toshiba TV with high definition, hd satellite, a sony receiver and a zenith dvd player?

DVD/VCR/Satellite receiver to TV hookup [ 3 Answers ]

What is the easiest way to hookup a DVD player, VCR to a TV with a Hughes Satellite receiver? Should I use a RF Modulator or what?

View more questions Search