Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    haydendream Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2008, 08:59 PM
    How do you put a pole up againt 2 ceiling joist?
    I need to put a pressurized pole from the ceiling to the floor To stablilize it the pole needs to be positioned against 2 joist. I did locate the joist but I don't under stand against 2 joist. The triangle "joist" that go the width of the house and then the beam tha goes the length of the house. But no other support. It is an old house and inside the house there is a line on the ceiling like a crack that goes the length of the house under that beam... I just don't want to put this pole there and the it fall and crack the ceiling or damage something. This pole is a dancing pool that spins and can hold 220 LBS. Can you explain how you do that... I am a girl so break it down for me please, so I can understand it?:eek:
    mikedem7 Posts: 104, Reputation: 13

Sep 25, 2008, 03:34 AM

First you have to make sure the pole is on good support on the floor, example floor joist,wall in basement, post in basement. Then take another pole cut 3 feet off it put it under an across 2 rafters and put the larger pole under the cross poll.
    mikedem7 Posts: 104, Reputation: 13

Sep 25, 2008, 03:37 AM
    Please have a carpenter look at the situation.this sounds dangerous to me

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring single pole thermostat in double pole fixture [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am trying to install a line voltage programmable thermostat into a manual thermostat fixture. The programmable thermostat is Honeywell RLV430. Instruction manual here: http://www.homedepot.ca/wcsstore/HomeDepotCanada/images/catalog/b7867367-6c05-4c82-a97c-648044b91564.pdf The...

Drilling holes in ceiling joist [ 5 Answers ]

I am drilling holes through a 2x6 ceiling joist. How many 12/2 wires can you run through a 7/8" hole? I am drilling the hole in the center of the 2x6 (width wise). Where is the best to drill the hole length wise? Thank you for your help.

Flushmount a ceiling fan with out a pole [ 7 Answers ]

I have lost the instructions to install my ceiling fan. It is a Item #: 5183 Model: ANL44WW5C Harbor Breeze. It has two ways to install and I don't have a clue how to put it up. Please let me know if you know. Thanks

Double pole or single pole thermostat for baseboard heater [ 2 Answers ]

A more specific question here: My 240v baseboard heater says it can be wired with a single or double pole thermostat. Since 240v is already "dual pole" with two hots, do I want to stick with a double pole thermostat? Are there advantages/disadvantages to each? Thanks.

Ceiling joist spans [ 1 Answers ]

What is the recommended ceiling joist spans on new home construction - 16 in or 24 in and what are the maximum spans for each?

View more questions Search