Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babythai23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2008, 03:07 PM
    Father's rights to his child without his name on the child birth certificate
    The father of my child and I just recently split and now he has to file for a paternity petition to have his name put on her birth certificate. I want to know until that process is complete through the court what parental rights he has to his child?
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2008, 03:13 PM

Until the judge gets the paternaty test back and orders him be added he has no rights.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pa Birth Certificate Amendments for a Minor Child [ 4 Answers ]

I am unmarried and have a 2 1/12 yr. old child. At the time of the birth I did not include Fathers name on the Birth Certificate. I now wish to change this. What would be the best way to go about having a new Birth Certificate issued in the State of Pennsylvania to include Fathers Name as well...

Unmarried Father's rights before and after the birth of the child [ 7 Answers ]

What are my rights, in the state of Texas, as the father of my unborn child before and after it is born? Specifically, does the child take my last name and what visitation rights will I have once its born?

Child support when father is not on the birth certificate [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible to obtain child support when the father is not on the birth certificate? I have a dna test that proves he is the father. It is a test that will stand up in court. I am trying to avoid attorney fees and just go through child enforcement agency.

Does a Father have a right to last name on Child Birth Certificate [ 3 Answers ]

Does a father have a right to have his last name as his child's last name on the child's Birth Certificate in the State of Georgia?

Birth Certificate & child support [ 15 Answers ]

Hey. I am currently almost 7 months pregnant. I am due in June. The father and I had been dating for a few months before I got pregnant. When I told him he asked me to get an abortion, and when I told him I couldn't do that he said I was just trying to keep him around! SO I went online and...

View more questions Search