Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kmoj Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2008, 08:25 AM
    Trying to Enter Canada
    I am trying to enter Canada, I had A felony 25 years ago, since then I never got in trouble, 3 years ago I tried to enter, only to be turned A way.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2008, 08:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kmoj View Post
    I am trying to enter Canada, I had A felony 25 years ago, since then I never got in trouble, 3 years ago I tried to enter, only to be turned A way.

Please don't keep posting the same question -

If your felony conviction shows up on their computer you will be turned back.

Here's what Canada says:

"Anyone with a conviction in the United States that is treated as a felony or indictable offense in Canada is excludable from Canada, but even if the offense is not a felony or indictable offense in Canada, Customs and Immigration Officers have ultimate authority to permit and deny entry to Canada.

Almost all convictions (including DUI, DWI, reckless driving, negligent driving, misdemeanor drug possession, all felonies, domestic violence (assault IV), shoplifting, theft, etc) can make a person inadmissible to Canada, regardless of when they occurred. For this reason, it is not recommended that persons with past convictions attempt to enter Canada without first obtaining necessary documents. It is always the final decision of officers at ports of entry to decide whether a person should be allowed into Canada."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to Enter Canada [ 4 Answers ]

Do not enter! [ 51 Answers ]

I warned you!

Can I enter Canada with a 3 degree felony [ 2 Answers ]

I am a United States Citizen, recently I was arrested for something I did not do, I hired an attorney to take care of the case and they find me not guilty of the third degree felony I was accused.I have a paper from the court proving I am not guilty. Now I am in the process to have the case...

Tax exemption? A chinese got J1 visa from Canada to enter you.S [ 1 Answers ]

I am a Chinese, but I got my J1 exchange scholar visa to enter U. S from Canada (I have been living in canada for 6 years but am NOT an immigration in canada). The tax people said that my tax would be based on the canadian policy. Is that true? Am I eligible to tax exemption? Thank you.

Work permit to enter canada from united states [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am a truck driver, but I can't enter canada because I have a felony, however, I have learned that I can obtain a minister permit to enter canada to allow me to work, how do I go about obtaining such a permit Kindly yours, ...

View more questions Search