Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kmoj Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2008, 08:16 AM
    Trying to Enter Canada
    I am trying to enter Canada, I had A felony 25 years ago, since then I never got in trouble, 3 years ago I tried to enter, only to be turned A way.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 22, 2008, 09:08 AM
    That must have been some pretty bad felony, after 25 years, to be returned away from the border.

So, what is your question ? You made a statement, but didn't ask a question.
    kmoj Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2008, 09:56 AM
    My question was I am trying to visit Canada to see my brother, can I enter Canada? The felony was strong arm robbery, I tried to enter Canada 3 years ago and was turned A way, I was 20 years when I got myself in trouble, I hung around bad company and got myself in trouble, what do I need to do?
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Sep 23, 2008, 01:50 PM

How long has it been since you completed your sentence?

Your charge (depending on the sentenceyou received) would most likely carry a 10 year rehabilitation period. Based on your story that passed 15 years ago. Were you coming as a visitor?

If that is the whole story and you have no other convictions than you would be deemed rehabilitated and could enter Canada.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2008, 01:23 PM

BMI... he has to apply for rehabilitation.

Kmoj, you must contact a Canadian Consulate and apply for rehabilitation (basically you are applying to have this taken off whatever records the Canadian Government has based on the fact it was 23 years ago and you haven't had any similar charges since)

Take a look at the link below. You have to contact a Consulate in your country (the US I will assume) fill out some forms and wait for the Canadian Government to give you the OK to enter Canada again

Overcoming criminal inadmissibility

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do not enter! [ 51 Answers ]

I warned you!

Can I enter Canada with a 3 degree felony [ 2 Answers ]

I am a United States Citizen, recently I was arrested for something I did not do, I hired an attorney to take care of the case and they find me not guilty of the third degree felony I was accused.I have a paper from the court proving I am not guilty. Now I am in the process to have the case...

Tax exemption? A chinese got J1 visa from Canada to enter you.S [ 1 Answers ]

I am a Chinese, but I got my J1 exchange scholar visa to enter U. S from Canada (I have been living in canada for 6 years but am NOT an immigration in canada). The tax people said that my tax would be based on the canadian policy. Is that true? Am I eligible to tax exemption? Thank you.

Work permit to enter canada from united states [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am a truck driver, but I can't enter canada because I have a felony, however, I have learned that I can obtain a minister permit to enter canada to allow me to work, how do I go about obtaining such a permit Kindly yours, ...

View more questions Search