Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frizzle fry Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2006, 05:18 PM
    Need advice
    Well here's my situation, I've been friends with this girl for the last nine months.
    (we are friends, but there's more their, friends in a way I could never be with a guy,or for that fact more than any female friends I've ever had)
    We get along real good with each other and we always hang out, pretty much inseparable, but here's the problem, on a couple diff occasions she's pissed me off so bad I told her I never wanted to see or speak to her again, (for instance she straight ditched me at a bar one time, that got me raging, or we will be somewhere and shell run into to her friends and she will ignore me, which she knows pisses me off) Then for like a week we won't talk, but after that she finds a way to creep back in my life. Like texting me or just stopping by my house, then we start hanging out again. Every time I've tried to end it with her I
    Told her I'm not coming back as a friend, that I can't settle for being friends with her, which would make me think she wants the same thing, hence her coming back always trying to patch it up, I just don't know what to do, she knows how I feel and what I want, but for some reason she just won't bring it to the next level, thanks in advance hope there's enough info here
    toohz Posts: 18, Reputation: 0

May 17, 2006, 07:46 PM
    Sounds like she doesn't want commitment. Some girls hang onto guys because at bars and clubs this draws attention from other men. She knows how you feel yet it sound like she is disrespecting that. I feel from what you have said that she is just plain out there USING YOU. I know this isn't what you would like to hear but she has no repect for how you are feeling (leaving you alone when other friends come along) Ultimatly it is up to you on what you do but I think this girl could be more trouble than its worth. I think staying friends would be a wise move...
    (this is my opinion and every one is entitled to their own)
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

May 17, 2006, 11:25 PM
    Is this the same friend in your first post.
    It sounds to me like you need to move on. From what I have read all you do is fight. That is not good for anybody. What do you mean by There is more there. Are you talking about some kind of attraction. If you are don't fall into her trap she will use and forget you and you will be heart broken in the end.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2006, 01:46 AM
    If you have feelings for her, meaning you want her more than a friend, just be careful, from the bit you wrote I expect you do!

You can either just play it cool, how she treats you - you treat her, but if you're getting hurt because she leaves you by the bar alone when she meets her friends, then be strong and don't go out with her alone.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2006, 06:03 AM
    Hi, frizzle,
    A good relationship requires having trust, compromise, caring, and wanting the other person to be happy; going out of their way to help the other enjoy being with each other.
    Does this relationship meet all of the above? Doesn't sound like it.
    You get mad easily? She then gets mad at you?
    You might take a look at what you are getting mad about; is it something you two can compromise on? Is it something you want YOUR way, and won't change? Or is it her?
    I personally would move on, find some new friends, and take a look at how you treat others (not saying you treat them badly). SMILE, when you meet someone, and listen to them talk about themselves. You willl have more girls as friends than you know what to do with... that's a fact, IF, you don't argue with them. Best wishes, and I hope you have some very good luck. We make our own luck.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

May 18, 2006, 07:55 AM
    Only you can let this woman play Yo-Yo with your feelings.

If you are going to say "I never want to see you again", you better mean it. It seems like you are saying it, but you both know you don't mean it, which allows her to "creep back" to you.

Every time you do that, she looses a little respect for you. She knows she can manipulate you into letting her back, and I bet at a deep level you are also resentful that you're allowing this pattern to perpetuate.

If she won't be more than friends - which is what you really want - you're going to have to be strong and move on.

You'll just be pulled back and fourth like the Yo-Yo if you don't do something about it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 18, 2006, 08:35 AM
    No one can do anything to you unles you let them,If you let them do what they want to you ,don't blame them do something about it!:cool:
    HarryPT Posts: 21, Reputation: 3

May 18, 2006, 02:52 PM
    Well I think you got 2 options
    1. tell her how you feel or
    2. simply don't go out with her... seems like when you guys are just by yourselves you don't have any problems.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

May 18, 2006, 05:54 PM
    If, as you say, she knows how you feel and what you want but "just won't bring it to the next level" then you need to consider the possibility that it may not be meant to be. Evidently her behavior makes you uncomfortable. That's not to say that she's right or wrong but why do you want to be so close to this person? It sounds like the two of you really aren't all that compatible. Frankly I wouldn't get my hopes too high and not expect too much in this situation.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

May 18, 2006, 05:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by toohz
    sounds like she doesn't want commitment. some girls hang onto guys because at bars and clubs this draws attention from other men. she knows how you feel yet it sound like she is disrespecting that. I feel from what you have said that she is just plain out there USING YOU. I know this isn't what you would like to hear but she has no repect for how you are feeling (leaving you alone when other friends come along) Ultimatly it is up to you on what you do but I think this girl could be more trouble than its worth. I think staying friends would be a wise move...
    (this is my opinion and every one is entitled to their own)
    This is probably exactly the case, unfortunately. (Tried to rate you toohz but got the "spread it around" jazz.)
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 19, 2006, 12:03 PM
    Dear frizzle_fry,

Some women are still immature and insecure in what they want in their lives and this one seems to be one of them. She obviously cannot commit herself to either aspect of this. She cannot say "No, I don't want more from this relationship." or, "I don't know what I want just yet, just know that I want you around when I need you.", or "Every time I purposely make you mad at me, I regret it and feel guilty."

In other words, she is still confused about herself and cannot therefore be sure of what she wants in any relationship. If you want to hang around until she grows up, that's your choice, but please don't hold your breath.

You'd be better off saving your strength and emotions for someone who is worth your time and energy. Even if you do get together, you'll wonder why she played you in front of her friends, and the trust will be gone - if it was ever there. Do you even trust the friendship with her fully, or do you need to be on guard there too?

For what it's worth, my advice is to keep her at a distance, look for someone who knows what she has in you and knows what she wants - and is willing to share all in a relationship.

Good luck dear, and keep us posted.

If playing games and being constantly stressed is not for you, move on to a better relationship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Advice on Giving Advice [ 16 Answers ]

Hey all! I have a slight dilemna and I'd like it if you guys and gals can help me out. I have two friends who are in a relationship together, but things have become kind of rocky between them. The problem is that they are both my friends so they both confide in me and ask for advice. At present...

I need advice... [ 9 Answers ]

I want my ex boyfriend back... we went out for a year... we broke up... because so much was wrong... we were fighting heaps you know... Its taken me half a year to realise I still really love him... he said I mean more to him than anyone else... because we lost our virginity to each other... ...

I need advice [ 15 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I am 17 years old. There's this 15 year old girl that love soooo much.We known each other for 1 and a half years now. She is a shyish girl with few friends, who reads a lot.She plays with her hair sometimes(only around me I noticed). She found out that I liked her during winter break...

Advice [ 4 Answers ]

I'm currently enrolled at the University of Iowa as an accoutning student. In grad school I will be getting a joint law degree with a masters in accounting because I want to be a tax attorney. Any advice on what else I should do outside of my basic course of action?

Advice please [ 9 Answers ]

I saw my ex girlfriend (2 yr relationship) for the first time since we broke up (4 months ago) at a mates party the other night. I played it pretty cool and wasn't needy or anything. She seemed like she wanted to talk to me and I noticed her looking at me a few times when I was talking to another...

View more questions Search