Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tampa_boricua74 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2008, 10:10 PM
    Child left behind.
    My husband has a 1 1/2 yr old son and he was going back to PA with his mom which is today and 2 hrs before they the child's mother left she 2 my in laws house and here is the baby I can't take him with so go take him to his dad. Would that be consider "Child Abandonment"? She left behind the child's birth info and we get custody? Please help
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2008, 07:07 AM
    This post needs combined with the other one.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2008, 08:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tampa_boricua74
    My husband has a 1 1/2 yr old son and he was going back to PA with his mom which is today and 2 hrs before they the childs mother left she 2 my in laws house and here is the baby i can't take him with so go take him to his dad. Would that be consider "Child Abandonment"? She left behind the childs birth info and we get custody? please help

I'm not sure what's going on here but, no, she did not legally abandon the child. She didn't leave him with strangers.

That doesn't mean your husband can't file for custody.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child left home alone [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I live in scotland and am unsure what to do about this my neighbour has a son who is 16 years old and is allowed to go out drinking my husband drives taxis and has often seen him coming out of pubs drunk he then proceeds home where his mother gets out of her bed at 5am to let him in the house....

At what age can a child be left unattended [ 2 Answers ]

I am a divorced mother of a 11yr old boy. My son, is an asthmatic and is in Special ed. At school. My ex husband refuses to pay half of the expense for a babysitter or daycare on Spring vacation and in summer due to my sons age. Also in my divorce agreement it states that he is to pay half of...

Wife left took every thing left child what to do [ 7 Answers ]

Well me and my wife have been married 2 years and she took off left the kid and the kid is upset that her mom left her again she did it ounce and lost bouth children before we were married so I got the daughter back for her and now she abandened the child again the child is 16 turning 17 in 10...

What is the legal age for a child to be left alone in canada? [ 1 Answers ]

I am wondering what the legal age is to leave your child alone in canada?

Left me with 1 year old child [ 6 Answers ]

8 weeks before my wedding my partner went out with another woman and my child for the day and decided to keep it a secret. I found out the next day by quextionning him after seeing her number on his phone. He said that he didn't tell me because I would have gone mad but why lie? After this he said...

View more questions Search