Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shellnicdar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2008, 02:55 AM
    Child left home alone
    Hi I live in scotland and am unsure what to do about this my neighbour has a son who is 16 years old and is allowed to go out drinking my husband drives taxis and has often seen him coming out of pubs drunk he then proceeds home where his mother gets out of her bed at 5am to let him in the house. All this is very noisy and always wakes me and my children up anyway last night was the worst yet the parents are away overnight obviously and the boy had friends in playing loud music all night on a drum kit at 1am they then went out and came back drunk at around 3am they were shouting in the garden fighting in the house and the music was once again going on . I don't know what to do about this as I can't talk to the parents about this is she beaking the law by allowing him th drink be out all night and leaving him alone I can't seem to find this out. Do I phone the police or social services or what? Thank you
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2008, 03:38 AM
    Both!
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2008, 06:19 AM
    Well that has to be one of the longest first sentences of a paragraph I think I have read. Glad to see a period so I could take a breath. Ha ha.
    Now seriously, call the police in the middle of the night for disturbing the peace. Call social services about the drinking.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2008, 05:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shellnicdar
    hi i live in scotland and am unsure what to do about this my neighbour has a son who is 16 years old and is allowed to go out drinking my husband drives taxis and has often seen him coming out of pubs drunk he then proceeds home where his mother gets out of her bed at 5am to let him in the house. all this is very noisy and always wakes me and my children up anyway last night was the worst yet the parents are away overnight obviously and the boy had friends in playing loud music all night on a drum kit at 1am they then went out and came back drunk at around 3am they were shouting in the garden fighting in the house and the music was once again going on . i dont know what to do about this as i can't talk to the parents about this is she beaking the law by allowing him th drink be out all night and leaving him alone i can't seem to find this out. do i phone the police or social services or what? thank you

While he can have some drink in the pub, he can't be drunk in public. The managers of the pub can be held accountable. I would document some of the instances, then call the police with what you have. Depending on where you live, and who you get to come out, he may actually get in trouble, or he may just get a telling off. (police in many parts of the UK are overworked, understaffed, and too often these yobs get off too easy with not much more than a slap on the wrist.) Drinking tends not to be as big of an issue in the UK as it is in the US.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 1, 2008, 05:19 PM
    Report them, call police on the noise

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

At what age can a child be left unattended [ 2 Answers ]

I am a divorced mother of a 11yr old boy. My son, is an asthmatic and is in Special ed. At school. My ex husband refuses to pay half of the expense for a babysitter or daycare on Spring vacation and in summer due to my sons age. Also in my divorce agreement it states that he is to pay half of...

Wife left took every thing left child what to do [ 7 Answers ]

Well me and my wife have been married 2 years and she took off left the kid and the kid is upset that her mom left her again she did it ounce and lost bouth children before we were married so I got the daughter back for her and now she abandened the child again the child is 16 turning 17 in 10...

Wife recently left home with our child [ 6 Answers ]

Hello all, I am new here and need a bit of help, my wife of six years recently left home and took our 4 year old little girl with her. It was not a huge shock since we had been having problems but she was the one who was being unfaithful and I was the clean one. We are not separated or divorce...

Child negligence - left home alone [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Friends, My name is Tom. I am a father of a 10 year-old girl and a 5 year-old boy. My children live in 2 separate households. One week with their mother and one week with me. For the past 3 years, their mother continues to leave the children home alone. It got worse as she contiunes to...

Left home alone [ 2 Answers ]

What is the legal age a child can be left home alone overnight by a parent in New York state& parent leaves state for a few days

View more questions Search