Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    249bay Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2008, 04:29 PM
    Separate hot water and boiler high eff
    Just wondering if my plumber is telling me what I need or what he wants to sell me
    I want to replace my gas boiler because of its age house built in 55 and it is the original
    I also have a gas hot water heater separate unit
    Plumber is telling me that it is more cost effective to use 2 units
    1 for the hot water and the other for the heat
    He says that we will be able to turn the heat off in the off season and save big bucks
    He is recommending a burnham PVG4NI_NS – 105,000 BTU boiler with an 85.4% afue and a bosch hot water heater GWH425-HN
    I was thinking of upgrading to the Burnham Alpine model, W/ 95% AFUE but am not sure if I will recoupe the $500 price difference please let me know all thoughts on this
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2008, 05:16 PM
    95% VERSES THE 85%,, THE 95% WILL PAY FOR ItS SELF IN VERY FEW YEARS,is worth the 500 bucks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boiler has high pressure [ 1 Answers ]

By boiler is reading the maximum pressure and I am not sure how to release the pressure if you know please let me know thanks stevie

Hot Water Boiler [ 2 Answers ]

Hi first time user on this sight I hope this question makes sense. Can anyone tell me what is happening with my hot water boiler? Recently it seems that our thermostat has no control over the amount of heat that goes through our hot water heating pipes. I replaced the thermostat, but does not seem...

Water Hammer on Hot water loop of Steam Boiler System [ 3 Answers ]

We have a steam boiler that provides steam for most of the house but also has a hot water loop for the additions. We have been getting a lot of water hammer and it sounds as if it is coming from the area where the first hot water radiator starts (ie it is from the hot water loop). Does anyone...

Connecting a tankless water heater and separate hot water heater [ 6 Answers ]

What I have is this. An oil fired boiler that generates hot water for my house baseboard heating system. Contained within the boiler is a tankless heater that is heated by way of the firebox in the boiler. The tankless heater is used only for domestic hot water. It has a separate CW supply to the...

Boiler shot! Use propane with separate water heater or stay with oil or? [ 5 Answers ]

We have a 4,000 foot, 2-story, 1984 Deck house. It has vaulted ceilings, lots of south-facing glass, wallboard heat and five heated zones. We live in southern Connecticut. The original Utica oil-fired boiler is shot. It has our hot water supply incorporated into it. I am contemplating switching...

View more questions Search