Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stevie2808 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2007, 02:36 AM
    Boiler has high pressure
    By boiler is reading the maximum pressure and I am not sure how to release the pressure if you know please let me know thanks stevie
    Dpfiling Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Apr 21, 2009, 08:27 PM
    By law, all pressure vessels have to be equipped with an over-pressure (safety) relief. It should open at a setting of a few pounds above the maximum working limit of the boiler. The pressure should be stamped or tagged somewhere on the relief valve. If it fails to operate properly, shut the unit down and have the relief valve replaced, then retest the system.

It also sounds as if your pressure regulating control is out of adjustment. You really should call a professional contractor to service this unit. A boiler is a bomb if its safety and control devices are not working properly. You can't believe how much damage a boiler can do when it explodes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boiler pressure [ 1 Answers ]

I accidentally left the valve on my forced hot water heater open, the one above the expansion tank, (I thought I could purge it and close it like my other ones) any way it was just letting out steam and the water won't circulate. Will it automatically build pressure now that I closed it?

Continual Boiler Pressure Drop [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a Baxi Combi Instant Boiler that I had installed in 2003. Its serial no is: MBH0330. I seem to have a constant problem with the water pressure in the sense that I have to top it up every morning as its always dropped to zero. Ive checked all the rads and I can't find any obvious leaks,...

Boiler Pressure [ 5 Answers ]

I have just bled out the radiators to my hot water boiler. When I got to the last radiator upstairs, nothing came out. A lot of air, then nothing. I checked the pressure on the boiler and it read about zero. I turned on the system and the pressure went up to about 18 psi, that's about where it...

Low water pressure in an area known for high pressure [ 3 Answers ]

Greetings, My wife and I are in the process of updating 1957 side by side split level. The previous owner (OK, my Mom as I bought the house I grew up in from her) said that when they moved in they had to install a pressure reducer into the line. I have searched high and low but, I can't see...

View more questions Search