Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crabbyaunt Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2008, 03:53 PM
    Runtime Error
    My computer has been having this pop up frequently in the past few days:

"A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to Debug?
    Line: 1
    Error: 'a' is null or not an object"

Then you have to click Yes or No or just "X" the box out. What does this mean, and should I click yes or no? Thanks for any help I can get.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Sep 6, 2008, 04:44 PM
    Run time errors occur in scripted or interpreted languages while a program is executing and a fatal condition (requires the program to stop) without an error handler is encountered. In this case, use of a pointer or object reference (programming constructs) that was null (meaning not properly initialized) was attempted.

Debugging allows a programmer to troubleshoot the error and requires debugging software tools to be installed. Choosing 'yes' would pull up the registered debugger application if installed. Choosing 'no' doesn't. If you aren't coding the code that is failing, choose 'no'.

If these errors are appearing while using a web browser, updating the browser or JAVA to a later version, or using a different browser may resolve the error. Most browsers also have an option in their advanced settings for disabling script debugging so errors are never seen. Something still doesn't work correctly, the browser just keeps it to itself. The error message should indicate what runtime or application owns the error.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Runtime error 53 [ 2 Answers ]

I use topdownloads folder lock 5.0 to protect my sensitive docs but I can't open the folder I'm protecting I keep getting - runtime error 53 file not found - I uninstalled the prog but still can't open the folder, why is this? I've tried it on other folders with no probs. I need to get into this...

Runtime Error [ 2 Answers ]

I keep getting a runtime error on my computer. I tried removing the Google and Yahoo toolbars, nothing happened. I tried everything. Could anybody tell what else I could do please??

Runtime error [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone I received this email from my sister I can`t help can anyone ? Thanks very much, Lynn "stef has a runtime error when she opens up her comp and it won't let her on to the net so can't get her to download anything to sort it out, got any ideas, she has tried system restore but it...

View more questions Search