Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saucedo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2008, 11:33 AM
    How my boyfriend can adopt my son.
    I am pregnant by my boyfriend and we plan on getting married. I also havea 5 month old son and his father is no were to be found how can my boyfriend adopt my son?:confused:
    dontbefooled Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Sep 6, 2008, 11:44 AM
    I suggest seeing a family law attorney about having the father's parental rights terminated. There's a definite legal procedure involved in this. I'm guessing that your boyfriend will have to be your husband for this adoption to take place once the birth father's rights are terminated. That's just a hunch--the landscape of family laws is changing rather rapidly these days.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Sep 6, 2008, 10:06 PM
    You NEED to talk to a lawyer about this. There are too many variations of family law dependent on where you live.

The biological father WILL have to sign over his rights first, though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my boyfriend adopt my son [ 2 Answers ]

I was just wondering whether my boyfriend who is 24 could adopt my 2year old son,

How does my boyfriend adopt my son [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I was woundering if some one new how my boyfriend goes out adopting my son. Thank you

Can my boyfriend adopt my son? [ 3 Answers ]

Can my new boyfriend adopt my son even if we are not married ?

Boyfriend to adopt son [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I wanted to know if anyone knew if I needed my sons real father to sign over his rights for my boyfriend to adopt but here is the thing his real father saw him once the day he came home from the hosptial and my son is now 3 going to be 4 and that was it I don't get any child support from him and...

View more questions Search