Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    corvette67 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2008, 07:50 AM
    No water from ball faucet.just replaced parts!
    Hello all! I am at my wit's end. For the past year my kitchen ball Peerless faucet has had issues. It started with having to manipulate the handle several different ways to get the water to flow. Jerk it, slam it , etc. That finally no longer worked but it had a steady drip. Sometimes after trying to jerk the handle the drip would become a small stream of water. So I take it apart, replace the springs, rubber things, etc. Put it back together. Still no water! (If I loosen the bonnet I have water spewing out.)I take off the aerator. Try to ream out the faucet with a coat hanger.. high-tech tool:)
    I get a couple drips of water! Still no flow. After 5 hours, blistered and bloody hands and drowning in tears, I have no clue what the problem is! I turn the handle and no water. I shut the handle off, a drip sometimes! What can be wrong?! I have been obsessed with it all night. Go by it every couple hours and try it. Nothing now again, not even a drip... HELP!!
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2008, 08:25 AM
    Hello Corvett,

Check if your angle valve is fully open, if it is open check if water is coming to the faucet if it is OK, close your angle valve then remove the handle, the ball, the rubber seals and springs, open the angle valve for a second and see if the water is flowing,if every thing is OK then assemble your faucet, click on the link below will tell you step by step.good luck.

John

Fixing A Dripping Delta Or Peerless Kitchen Faucet

Sep 7, 2008, 08:57 AM
    Thanks for answering afaroo, the article was extremely helpful! But it is EXACTLY how I put the stupid faucet together! This is inexplicable:(
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Sep 7, 2008, 09:06 AM
    Does your faucet have a sprayer on it?

Sep 7, 2008, 10:29 AM
    Hi HkStroud, yes, I forgot it does have a sprayer... what to do?? I have now dis- and re-assamebled it so many times I can do it in under 2 minutes:)
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Sep 7, 2008, 10:35 AM
    Bet you have water at the sprayer.

Disassemble again, pull spout off this time, you should see a small diverter valve for the sprayer, replace that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pull out faucet head parts [ 2 Answers ]

Need replacement parts for inside of head of Glacier Bay pull out pull out faucet. Can't find a web site for this product. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Replaced bath Faucet, Leaking pipes [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I recently replaced a bath faucet. I had to replace the entire pipe (Galv) and the hardware store did not have the proper length. I used a 48" threaded pipe with a coupler and a 4" nipple to get the proper size. When I turned the water back on, there is a leak at the coupler. I would use...

Low hot water pressure in ball-type faucet [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Delta ball-type kitchen faucet and the hot water pressure has dropped dramatically but the cold water pressure hasn't changed and is fine. I've cleaned the aerator but that doesn't fix the problem. I've seen many posts suggesting the problem is in the valve cartridge but I'm not sure...

Low hot water pressure in replaced faucet [ 3 Answers ]

I replaced the faucet in a first floor bathroom, cold water is fine but hot water flow was almost non existent. I checked and cleaned the screen in the tap which did increase the flow to a trickle but still nothing like an acceptable flow. I checked the hot water supply pipe and that is fine (I...

Replaced faucet and drain in bathroom, LEAK! [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, I replaced the faucet in my bathroom and it seems to be working OK, however I am getting a leak when I run the water on full blast. The leak is coming from the joint between the drain that came with the faucet and the curved pvc joint that connects to the straight pipe that goes into...

View more questions Search