Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rubinP Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2008, 11:51 AM
    Linking two separate networks
    I am at a site with two separate networks - 192.168.102.. and 192,168.12..
    Both have a subnet mask 0f 255.255.255.0
    Both netowk switches are layer 2.
    The .102 netwoek has internet.
    How do I setup so that I can connect to the .12 network from the internet.
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Sep 5, 2008, 05:50 PM
    How many routers do you have on your network? If you have two, then you can add static routes to your routers for each of the networks, physically connect the networks together in the same VLAN and use your routers to route to/from the two networks. Or, if you have just one router, and since you have Layer 2 switches, you may be able to use VLAN Routing.

Here is an example using VLAN Routing on Cisco switches. You will need to enable VLAN routing to start. Configuring InterVLAN Routing  [Support] - Cisco Systems

And more: What is a VLAN?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting 2 computers on 2 separate networks [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm quite new to computer networking and am having problems... Currently, I have 2 computers connected through a wireless network that provides the internet. I have installed Synergy (software to allow keyboard and mouse to be shared by both computers). The problem is, the wireless...

Linking two sheet [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any way to link two sheet on conditional

Linking tables [ 1 Answers ]

How to link tables

Can I have four separate networks at the same time? [ 10 Answers ]

I have a server (running server 2003) with two dual NICs. I have four separate physical networks connected to the server. In my Network connections I have the four connections and a loopback adapter - all connected. I can only ping IPs on two of the networks at a time. For example: if I...

Linking a banner [ 2 Answers ]

My friend asked me the code used to link a banner pic inserted in his email to his website. He wishes to put the animated banner in his emails and have the recipient be able to click the banner and be directed to his website. The first question is how to insert the banner picture into his...

View more questions Search