Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaiptricks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2008, 11:01 PM
    Connecting 2 computers on 2 separate networks
    Hi,

I'm quite new to computer networking and am having problems...

Currently, I have 2 computers connected through a wireless network that provides the internet. I have installed Synergy (software to allow keyboard and mouse to be shared by both computers). The problem is, the wireless signal is not always steady -- hence, the mouse and keyboard connection in the client computer will lag sometimes.

What I want to do is connect these computers with an ethernet crossover cable so that they may communicate the mouse/keyboard data while still maintaining the wireless connection to the internet.

The wireless is using a dynamic IP address as well, so I'm not sure if that complicates things...

Well, any response would be appreciated!
    twilcox Posts: 86, Reputation: 8

Jun 21, 2008, 10:12 AM
    If you're running Windows 2000 or later, this shouldn't be a problem. As a precaution, you might want to bridge the Ethernet and Wireless connections together.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I have four separate networks at the same time? [ 10 Answers ]

I have a server (running server 2003) with two dual NICs. I have four separate physical networks connected to the server. In my Network connections I have the four connections and a loopback adapter - all connected. I can only ping IPs on two of the networks at a time. For example: if I...

Connecting two networks [ 3 Answers ]

I need to connect two existing networks together. Currently there is a main network that has 15 computers and 2 servers with a high speed internet connection and static IPs. Second network has 6 computers and 1 server also with high speed internet and static IP. Currently second network connects...

Connecting to 2 networks at once [ 9 Answers ]

My home network has the following hardware: * IBM T42P ThinkPad laptop running XP Pro * Desktop Pentium 4 PC (clone) running XP Pro * HP Media Center PC * HP LaserJet 3030 printer/copier/fax/scanner connected to the desktop PC through the parallel port with printer sharing enabled * RCA...

Computers Networks [ 1 Answers ]

Assuming no malfunction in any of the stations or nodes of a network, it is possible for a packet to be delivered to the wrong destination?

Computers Networks [ 1 Answers ]

Explain the flaw in the following reasoning: Packet switching requires control and address bits to be added to each packet. This introduces considerable overhead in packet switching. In circuit switching, a transparent circuit is established. No extra bits are needed. A. Therefore, there is no...

View more questions Search