Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wkdwitch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2008, 05:37 AM
    Transferring deed ownership.
    Hi.

I am joint owner of a property with my mother in England. We have owned the property for over 20 years, which my mother rents out and lives on the proceeds, while living in a property owned by herself and my Dad. My mother is 81 and has recently been diagnosed with senile dementia. In trying to sort out her finances I have found she owes a substantial amount of money to credit card companys who are getting very nasty.

My mother can not remember who holds the deeds to our property. I am concerned that these companys will try to take this property to pay off her debts. Is there anything I can do and do I find who holds the deeds?

There is no mortgage on the property.
    deedgrabber Posts: 34, Reputation: 4

Sep 4, 2008, 07:13 AM
    In the US you can call a title company to do a title report for you. They will research who owns the property and tell you what, if any liens, exist against the property.

There must be an equivalent in the UK who can do a report for you to show you where you stand.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transferring ownership from two owners to one? [ 2 Answers ]

Hope my title was clear enough. Marriage is on the last leg and my wife and I have a house with both of our names and I would like to know the steps in which I transfer all ownership directly to her? We currently have a interest only mortgage (hard money I think) which is only in her name. Both...

Transferring Home Ownership [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to transfer ownership to someone else. How do I do this without paying any closing costs?

Transferring Ownership of Home to Son [ 3 Answers ]

Mom does not have a mortgage. She wants to live in the house as long as she is capable. But she wants the house to belong to just my brother (we are all fine with this).

Transferring Ownership of Home to Son [ 1 Answers ]

My mom (state of Wisconsin) wants to transfer the family home to my brother. He has lived with her for about 5 years now and wants him to have the home. She wants to do this now, before anything unexpectedly happens to her. What does she need to do?

Transferring home ownership title [ 1 Answers ]

My mother previously purchased a home from a relative. What are the procedures to follow to transfer title ownership?

View more questions Search