Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    idontnowut2do Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2008, 11:23 PM
    How do I give my son up for adoption to his mother and spouse
    I am in a bad situation, fighting in court with my ex for over five years has tapped me of all recources and my judge is very biased toward woman. I have not seen my son in a year at this time and feel all I am doing is fighting a losing battle and in the end really screwing up my son in this tug o war. I cannot afford this any more and have my attorney now taking me to court to pay her off ( good luck with that I can barely pay support and live) I think allowing her to take custody solely or she and her husband adopting him is my only chance to stop all of this. How do I give him up for adoption?
    SweetDee Posts: 534, Reputation: 51

Aug 31, 2008, 06:56 AM
    Don't do it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 31, 2008, 07:43 AM
    All you have to do is have her and her new husband agree. If they don't want to adopt, if they would prefer to collect child support, you can not give up the rights for adoption unless they file for adopton.

And yes when their attorney gets a garnishment and/or attachment of your bank accounts and all your checks bounce , so don't wish him luck, he will not need luck, you will need luck for him not to get his money
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Aug 31, 2008, 10:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetDee
    Don't do it.
    Why not? You aren't him, you're not in his shoes, and you CERTAINLY did not expand upon your answer.

Either flesh your answer out or don't tell someone what THEY feel is the best solution for the child.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2008, 10:43 AM
    Giving her sole custody or giving up your rights you will very likely still have to pay support so I would not give up custody unless it is through him adopting. Since it doesn't sound like they are willing to allow you joint custody or visitations I would tell them it is adoption OR joint custody and NOTHING in between. They want their cake in eat it too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to give up my baby for adoption [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have 2 kids.im pragnet with our third but we can't afford to raise another baby.so what do we have to do to give it up.

Adoption for my spouse [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently gotten married and my husband wants to adobt my son. My sons biological father did not sign his birth certificate when he was born he is now 4. But I recently put something in for my son to receive child support and when I went to court my sons biological father signed an affidavid....

Not ready to be a Dad but girlfriend will not give up for adoption! [ 85 Answers ]

Help! My girlfriend of three years and I noticed changes in her body, so I urged her to get a pregnancy test. She waited until recently to discover that she was 13 weeks pregnant. Prior to all of this news, she was on the pill. I have openly expressed my non-interest in being a father now. I...

Can My Mother Make Me Give My Baby Up For Adoption? [ 27 Answers ]

Hi I am a 14 year old girl. I am think about getting pregnant to stay with my boyfriend when he goes to jail.. but that's not the reason I want to get pregnant, that's only 5% of it. I want to get pregnant because I love babies I want to be a mother I am pretty much on my own all of the time my...

View more questions Search