Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sophie101 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2008, 01:07 PM
    My biological father
    I've never ever met my real father, and I have no information about him. I really want to find him.. but my mum won't tell me his name.. all I know is he was a 'boyfriend' which I don't even know if that's true or she won't tell me cause he was a one night stand.. I really want to find him but I don't know how.. and its driving me crazy... anyone know anyway I can trace someone without information about him... please tell me.. :(
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2008, 01:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sophie101
    I've never ever met my real father, and i have no information about him. i really want to find him.. but my mum wont tell me his name.. all i know is he was a 'boyfriend' which i dont even know if thats true or she wont tell me cause he was a one night stand.. i really want to find him but i dont know how.. and its driving me crazy... anyone know anyway i can trace someone without information about him... please tell me.. :(

No, you can't trace someone without a name. Your only hope - and I don't know your age - would be to hire someone to go into your mother's background, where she lived, where she worked, asked questions, see what turns up.

Who is your father on your birth certificate?

It's very expensive but I've seen it work.

Otherwise without a name there is no chance.

Aug 24, 2008, 01:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee
    No, you can't trace someone without a name. Your only hope - and I don't know your age - would be to hire someone to go into your mother's background, where she lived, where she worked, asked questions, see what turns up.

Who is your father on your birth certificate?

It's very expensive but I've seen it work.

Otherwise without a name there is no chance.
    On my birth certificate is my dad I live with now... I don't get it.
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2008, 02:49 PM
    on my birth certificate is my dad i live with now... i dont get it.

What don't you "get?" Don't you understand why no one can find someone without having some information - a name, a date of birth?

Or don't you understand why someone not your biological father is on your birth certificate?

Aug 25, 2008, 03:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee
    What don't you "get?" Don't you understand why no one can find someone without having some information - a name, a date of birth?

Or don't you understand why someone not your biological father is on your birth certificate?
    Yeahh the last one..
    I mean I thought you had to have you mother and fathers name on your irth certificate.. on my originalone.. there's no fathers name.. and on another one its my dads name..
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2008, 06:23 AM
    Yeahh the last one..
    i mean i thought you had to have you mother and fathers name on your irth certificate.. on my originalone.. theres no fathers name.. and on another one its my dads name..

So there was no alleged or acknowledged biological father when you were born and through an adoption or legal process your "current" father's name was added at a later date. Not uncommon.

So that's a dead end -
    ilovedaddy21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2008, 11:34 AM
    I never met my real father either, because my mom divoured him, but there is nothing holding you back from seeing your dad. So why don't you convince your mom to let you see your dad and see what she say. KEEP ASKING HER!!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 13, 2008, 11:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedaddy21
    so why don't you convince your mom to let you see your dad and see what she say. KEEP ASKING HER!!!!
    I completely disagree with this statement. It is apparent the mother does not want to talk about it. It was most likely a time in her life that she chooses not to relive, and to continue to ask her will only create animosity in the family.
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Sep 14, 2008, 03:44 PM
    This is a very unfortunate situation for you. I agree that this is information only your mother and possibly the only father you've known have information on. Possibly later in years things maybe explained to you in detail. What is hard to understand is, why this issue was brought up? What I mean is, unless I am at the point where I have resolved the circumstances of the pregnancy within myself, there would be no reason to throw it up in conversation with you.
    shortyshorty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2009, 08:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sophie101 View Post
    I've never ever met my real father, and i have no information about him. i really want to find him.. but my mum wont tell me his name.. all i know is he was a 'boyfriend' which i dont even know if thats true or she wont tell me cause he was a one night stand.. i really want to find him but i dont know how.. and its driving me crazy... anyone know anyway i can trace someone without information about him... please tell me.. :(
    I know how you feel! I know nothing about my biological father.. not a name or anything.. my original birth certificate said "unknow" in the father section!
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2009, 06:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shortyshorty View Post
    I know how you feel! I know nothing about my biological father..not a name or anything..my original birth certificate said "unknow" in the father section!!

Old thread - should be closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for my biological father, [ 3 Answers ]

Ok so in this last couple of weeks I've been looking for my real dad over the internet And found no luck. His name is Khalid Balasha, I don't know if that is the right spelling though. My parents separated before I was born so I never saw him. My mom who is 43 years old now said they met in her...

Can a father loose custidy if his not the biological father? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has a 5 year old with son with a girl he had a thing with. She loved him and therefor she got pregnant and told him the child was his. She put him trough the ringer cause she wanted to be with and she realized he was never going to be with her she signed her rights to the child away. Her...

Who is my biological father [ 3 Answers ]

I want to find my real father. What is his name and where is he?

Adoption from biological Father to Step Father [ 5 Answers ]

Hello: One of my employees has children by her now husband and former husband. Her present husband wants to adopt her two children from her former husband. The biological Father is willing to relinquish his rights. She wants to draw up the papers without an Attorney because of the cost. If...

View more questions Search