Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    infamousXero Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2008, 09:18 AM
    When good intentions go wrong?
    So I messed up:

I've been dating someone that I've known socially for 5 years. We've been seeing each other for 2 months and recently she started acting weird last week. She gave me warning that the week before her cycle is tough and the week before a hospital procedure is tough so essentially a double whammy.

I took a day off work to pick her up from after her procedure. I unfortunately ran late and she left without me, and is hurt and upset that I could not be there for her. I really do feel bad since I have no excuse, just poor time management, and now she's talking about concerns she has about me yesterday.

So last night I told her to take her time and have some space away from me, things moved fast and I hurt her, and I can't make up for it. I told her to call me when she was ready to talk preferably in person. Later one she called me at 2 and then 5 in the morning to make sure that I wasn't upset. She wants to see me tomorrow and was worried about things. We spoke for a while, and ended on good terms, she said that we were probably both over thinking things and over analyzing them and should just enjoy each others company since we get along so well.

So my question is how should I approach her? How do I let her know that I want to the chance to show that my lateness was one time only and that I will be there for her in the future if she needs me?
    happy_jester Posts: 170, Reputation: 29

Aug 23, 2008, 10:09 AM
    I believe that you had good intentions towards this girl [just that it didn't quite turn
    Out right! ]

What matters now is the future you both have together :)

And should just enjoy each others company since we get along so well.
    The fact that she wants to see you tomorrow,and,that you spoke for a while with her and ended on good terms,is a very positive thing & something you should remember :)

As you say,you should just enjoy each others company,and through time, you'll be able
    To show her that you will be there for her in the future if she needs you. :)
    Rjacks Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Aug 23, 2008, 05:09 PM
    Being late sends the message: 'You don't matter'. She just needs to know that she's important to you. Apologize and show her you're sincere, then move on to bigger and better things! Everybody makes mistakes sometimes.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2008, 05:20 PM
    You did take off work and lose a days pay so I am sure since she is talking in a positive light she must see it that way and have gotten over her initial hurt. Just be yourself and be understanding and reassure her that you do not want this to be a bad turn in your relationship and you do want to make up for it in the future
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 23, 2008, 09:59 PM
    Put it behind you and don't make that mistake again. Seems you worked it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to be a good wife am I doing something wrong? [ 5 Answers ]

I came to this site because I wanted to seek guidance in how I should handle various situations in a manner that is pleasing to Allah. I would like to discuss the matter through a pm if someone is interested because right now I am not comfortable sharing with everyone at the time because I am a...

Not sure of her intentions [ 24 Answers ]

Me and my ex have been apart for 3 months, we were together for 3 years. She walked away after several months of continuous pointless arguments. Me being unfaithful was the final nail in the coffin. During our time apart we've had minimal contact but thanks to the small town I live in a few days...

Does God honor good intentions [ 14 Answers ]

Here's my situation. I was raised in a strict baptist family and as the oldest of four children, a lot of pressure was put on me to be an example. I went off to a well-known fundamentalist college in southwestern virginia at age seventeen. Fast forward ten years to today. I stretched four years...

I want to be a good wife what am I doing wrong? [ 19 Answers ]

I came to this site because I wanted to seek guidance in how I should handle various situations in a manner that is pleasing to Allah. I need to speak with someone who is very good in dealing with relationships about my marriage. I feel more comfortable discussing here than with people closest to...

What are his intentions? [ 7 Answers ]

I've been dating this guy but he told me that he has 3 other girlfriends including me and on one of our dates he asked me to talk to one of the girls and I told him no. Also, he has told me stories about them and stuff and allowed me to see the text messages they've sent him. I'm wondering why he...

View more questions Search