Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bgoodejr Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2008, 10:42 AM
    Getting rid of frogs
    How does one get rid of frogs (I know they are sweet little amphibs, but they are ruining my night's sleep)? I live in Florida, have a pool and potted plants (some big ones in pots) and grass in the fenced-in backyard. Help!!
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2008, 10:47 AM
    If you have water, and don't live in the middle of the city, you are probably always going to have frogs.

How about some ear plugs?
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Aug 15, 2008, 11:40 AM
    Snakes...

I've heard that rubber snakes are useful for keeping frogs out of the pool at least.

The other option is to limit their food supply spray regularly for bugs, less bug equals less frogs.
    bgoodejr Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2008, 11:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by progunr
    If you have water, and don't live in the middle of the city, you are probably always going to have frogs.

How about some ear plugs?
    Thanks for the quick response. Bg
    gctts Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Aug 23, 2008, 04:02 PM
    I have a backyard pond and the same dilemma. I live across the street from the woods, and if even one makes its noises, others come from the woods to permanently join it. So the more you have, the more you get. I have found the treefrogs are the really loud ones. Those you can find, catch and relocate (must be moved out of earshot of other frogs in your pond and near water). I sit by the pond quietly, and wait until they start up - I can locate them from their sounds, and then go to that location and search for them with a light. Once the last one is relocated, it takes a pretty good while for a new one to find my pond. The little toads are not that loud - they also can be caught easily and relocated. After a while, you will learn their favorite places to yell from in your yard. I would not use any chemicals in your yard spraying for bugs as you are likely to get that runoff into your pond. I have turtles in my pond, and at least they eat the tadpoles.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Teachers eating frogs. Sound familiar? [ 11 Answers ]

The only part of this movie I remember is this kid forgot something in his classroom and he went back to get it, and as he was walking in the classroom of his science class he saw his teacher take one of the frogs out of a jar and eat it. Or it might have been a different type of animal. But I'm...

Chirping frogs [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Southeast Texas. We have "chirping" frogs in our yard. They "chirp" all night and are very loud. Anything that we can do to rid us of these critters?

Lots of frogs before the one? [ 7 Answers ]

I am beginning to wonder if there are any great guys out there. I know there is, but do we go through a lot of guys or gals before we meet that someone? I seem to have met a few guys with red flags and hope to find just a nice guy, not a bad boy. Does everyone believe there is that special guy or...

Turtles and Frogs [ 2 Answers ]

Can Turtles and green tree frogs live together in a large tank?

Killer, meat-eating frogs in San Francisco! [ 11 Answers ]

Did you know that there are killer, meat-eating frogs in San Francisco? The African clawed frog somehow got into Lily Pond in the Golden Gate Park and have begun eating everything in the pond... they even started going cannibalistic! I guess they have been there for a couple years now and...

View more questions Search