Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Apr 17, 2006, 09:37 AM
    Special requests
    OK I know that you all don't know me-but I am in desperation right now. I've been going through some really tough times in my life and believe it or not, I feel like God is angry with me... maybe for making some bad decisions, I don't know. But every decision I make is for nothing but the best of intentions. Well, anyhow, can I get some prayers out for me and my family (children)? I would rather not specify exactly why with all details right now, but I just need some prayers in my life, other than my own. I feel like everything is falling apart and I don't know where to turn to for help.
    Thanks so much.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 17, 2006, 09:52 AM
    Let me first say that what this site is about is support. Whether it be the answer to a question of how to hook up your printer or replace a drain pipe or your spirtual life. I can't speak for everyone, but I think the vast majority of those who post here want only the best for all the members. And our thoughts, hopes and prayers go with that.

However, I personally do not believe in a God that gets angry with its followers and causes things to go wrong for them in retaliation. I believe strongly in free will. I believe we are responsible for our own actions. I say this in the hope that you realize that you are in control of your life. That there isn't some omnipotent being making things go against you out of spite, revenge or whatever. I hope that that realization can give you the strength to get you past this time of trouble.

Apr 17, 2006, 10:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Let me first say that what this site is about is support. Whether it be the answer to a question of how to hook up your printer or replace a drain pipe or your spirtual life. I can't speak for everyone, but I think the vast majority of those who post here want only the best for all the members. And our thoughts, hopes and prayers go with that.

However, I personally do not believe in a God that gets angry with its followers and causes things to go wrong for them in retaliation. I believe strongly in free will. I believe we are responsible for our own actions. I say this in the hope that you realize that you are in control of your life. That there isn't some omnipotent being making things go against you out of spite, revenge or whatever. I hope that that realization can give you the strength to get you past this time of trouble.
    I think I may have miscommunited previously. I don't think God is angry with me and is retaliating against me. I think that he is disappointed in me that is all. I have not done anything wrong except for love people that possibly don't love me back, try to help them even though it tears apart everyone else who truly does love me... my list goes on and on (you may know some things if you have read any of my other posts)I just feel like I am in a dead end, a no win situation and am to the point to where only the power of prayer can help me, and I don't feel strong enough inside to where my prayers will be enough. I believe in God and all that, but I don't do as I should such as go to church every Sunday-I have sinned a lot in my life and at this point... I don't even know what to say.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Apr 17, 2006, 10:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Depressed in MO
    OK I know that you all don't know me-but I am in desperation right now. I've been going through some really tough times in my life and believe it or not, I feel like God is angry with me...maybe for making some bad decisions, i don't know. But every decision I make is for nothing but the best of intentions. Well, anyhow, can I get some prayers out for me and my family (children)? I would rather not specify exactly why with all details right now, but I just need some prayers in my life, other than my own. I feel like everything is falling apart and I don't know where to turn to for help.
    Thanks so much.
    God knows that we are dust and that we will make mistakes. If you are dissapointed with yourself, all God wants you to do is to learn from your mistakes and continue on. If others misunderstand you and sin by doing so, pray that they gain wisdom and become better persons. Ask God to forgive them as he forgives you.

Psalm 106:1
    Praise the LORD! Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever.

He wants you to feel that you can approach him in prayer as you would aproach a loving father. I'll add my prayer to yours.
    milliec Posts: 262, Reputation: 55

Apr 17, 2006, 12:04 PM
    Hi Mo!
    (may I call you "Mo"?)
    First, I'd like to stress that I've been through terribly hard times , and I know how you feel. I don't remember when but at a certain point in my life, it struck me, that I don't think I'm that important for God to eye me closely.
    I've found out, that whenever I was in a terrible situation I had nothing to do with, the situation was solved, without me having, again, anything to do with the solution, and against all possible statistical odds!
    I'm truly convinced there is something above all, but I see this as a very caring, forgiving, loving, and compassionate "something".
    I don't think there is any kind of "accounting" involved.
    Just continue being honest and true. With yourself first, and with others.
    Try not to judge others, it's not our job.
    I'm not saying you do. I'm only speaking in a general way.
    Remember: it might not look like it, but others have their problems and hard times, only, we don't know, and when we see them, and we're in a difficult situation, we think we have the worst part. Everyone thinks so! Whenever I'm in a very bad "spot", I like to look at people who seem happy, it makes me feel good, because I see happiness really exists!
    I don't have any special prayer, and I don't attend religious services, I just pray from the bottom of my heart, with own words.I can't say it always works, but many times it does! Really!
    And when I pray in this way, it already makes me feel better.
    And: if it doesn't happen the way I ask for, I keep in mind that it might not fit into the bigger frame, the one I can't even grasp, after all, I'm just an ant!
    In any case, why should I always have my way.
    I don't know if I helped, I really wished to! I don't know what is it th exactly what make you so unhappy, if you think I can help, I'd really like to - you can write here, or send me a PM, or email me :[email protected]
    Another thing, maybe it's not the right time for you, but I must say I often wondered at the name you chose, I understand that's the way you feel, but sometimes, the way we perceive ourselves, pushes us further towards this same situation.
    Please consider it,and I hope we'll see the time when the name you chose will not make you sad, but you'll smile to see yourself away from this situation.
    Is'nt it possible for you to see a good counsellor?
    Please let me know hoe you are,
    Take care,
    Millie:)

Apr 17, 2006, 12:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by milliec
    Hi Mo!
    (may I call you "Mo"?)
    First, I'd like to stress that I've been through terribly hard times , and I know how you feel. I don't remember when but at a certain point in my life, it struck me, that I don't think I'm that important for God to eye me closely.
    I've found out, that whenever I was in a terrible situation I had nothing to do with, the situation was solved, without me having, again, anything to do with the solution, and against all possible statistical odds!
    I'm truly convinced there is something above all, but I see this as a very caring, forgiving, loving, and compassionate "something".
    I don't think there is any kind of "accounting" involved.
    Just continue being honest and true. With yourself first, and with others.
    Try not to judge others, it's not our job.
    I'm not saying you do. I'm only speaking in a general way.
    Remember: it might not look like it, but others have their problems and hard times, only, we don't know, and when we see them, and we're in a difficult situation, we think we have the worst part. Everyone thinks so! Whenever I'm in a very bad "spot", i like to look at people who seem happy, it makes me feel good, because i see happiness really exists!
    I don't have any special prayer, and I don't attend religious services, I just pray from the bottom of my heart, with own words.I can't say it always works, but many times it does! Really!
    And when i pray in this way, it already makes me feel better.
    And: if it doesn't happen the way i ask for, i keep in mind that it might not fit into the bigger frame, the one i can't even grasp, after all, I'm just an ant!
    In any case, why should i always have my way.
    I don't know if I helped, i really wished to! I don't know what is it th exactly what make you so unhappy, if you think i can help, i'd really like to - you can write here, or send me a PM, or email me :[email protected]
    Another thing, maybe it's not the right time for you, but I must say I often wondered at the name you chose, I understand that's the way you feel, but sometimes, the way we perceive ourselves, pushes us further towards this same situation.
    Please consider it,and I hope we'll see the time when the name you chose will not make you sad, but you'll smile to see yourself away from this situation.
    Is'nt it possible for you to see a good counsellor?
    Please let me know hoe you are,
    Take care,
    Thanks for your reply. Counselors cost money-money in which I have none of. Yes, I work-everyday. I don't feel as though I have it in the worst possible way-I make my own decisions-I"m just at a place where I feel I have no support and am all alone. Not looking for sympathy, not looking for attention-just maybe a suggestion or two of a different perspective.
    At this time, I don't perceive myself that well because of the way I have been treated; however every day I am working on a brighter future-don't get me wrong. I am lost and trying to find my ways. I find myself falling into bad health these days-headaches and sickening to my stomach. I mostly feel that I am at a point where I need to get away, but if I do, then things would probably be worse. I am really afraid that I am dying of stress.

Apr 17, 2006, 12:43 PM
    I find myself falling into bad health these days-headaches and sickening to my stomach. I mostly feel that I am at a point where I need to get away, but if I do, then things would probably be worse. I am really afraid that I am dying of stress.
    First of all: don't be afraid - this will only make you weaker. What you say you feel has obviously to do with stress but it's good to see a doc. Just to put your mind at rest, and that you won't have to worry about your physical condition.
    From your answer I can't see what makes you feel so bad - but of course you bring up things the way you can.
    If you think you can get more help here, please do
    Take care,
    Millie
    sweetface Posts: 31, Reputation: 7

Apr 17, 2006, 12:47 PM
    Hello Depressed in MO,

I can truly relate! I don't feel like God is angry with me, but I feel like I am a failure. However, as each day goes by, I am alive!! And Thank God for that!! Counslors do cost money. So if you ever need someone to talk to a shoulder to cry on, I will be here

Apr 17, 2006, 01:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetface
    Hello Depressed in MO,

I feel like I am a failure. However, as each day goes by, I am alive!!! And Thank God for that!!! Counslors do cost money. So if you ever need someone to talk to a shoulder to cry on, I will be here
    Oh dear!
    First of all, I surely don't know enough to rule out automatically what you two are saying, but I won't have the failure thing! Please, what makes you think so?
    I'm sure both of you are very young, and if we could look closer at each of your life stories, we would come to the conclusion that you both have overpassed difficulties - and even making it another day is sometimes a lot!
    What have you failed?
    Your own expectations? Other people's expectations? Failure compared to others?
    It's good to have an understanding shoulder to cry on, but there's more to it, and I,( and surely others too), would like to help.
    Please don't get yourself into the "nobody's been through this.."
    "nobody understands"
    You'll be surprised what other have been through, and how often they felt the way you do, but there's always a way out, and when you feel so low, you sometimes don't see it.
    I really care, and I know how you feel right now, but remember: it's right now, you'll be surprised how things change in life (I'm 60, so I saw quite a few tings, and I always pray for things not to get worst, and I'm grateful when they get better)
    Take care dear, and remember I'd like to help, if you think it will do.
    Millie

Apr 17, 2006, 01:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetface
    Hello Depressed in MO,

I can truly relate! I don't feel like God is angry with me, but I feel like I am a failure. However, as each day goes by, I am alive!!! And Thank God for that!!! Counslors do cost money. So if you ever need someone to talk to a shoulder to cry on, I will be here
    Thank you Sweetface. And same to you.

Apr 17, 2006, 01:27 PM
    Oh dear!
    First of all, I surely don't know enough to rule out automatically what you two are saying, but I won't have the failure thing! Please, what makes you think so?
    I'm sure both of you are very young, and if we could look closer at each of your life stories, we would come to the conclusion that you both have overpassed difficulties - and even making it another day is sometimes a lot!
    What have you failed?
    your own expectations? other people's expectations? failure compared to others?
    It's good to have an understanding shoulder to cry on, but there's more to it, and i,( and surely others too), would like to help.
    Please don't get yourself into the "nobody's been through this.."
    "nobody understands"
    you'll be surprised what other have been through, and how often they felt the way you do, but there's always a way out, and when you feel so low, you sometimes don't see it.
    i really care, and i know how you feel right now, but remember: it's right now, you'll be surprised how things change in life (i'm 60, so i saw quite a few tings, and i always pray for things not to get worst, and i'm grateful when they get better)
    take care dear, and remember i'd like to help, if you think it will do.
    millie
    Hi Millie. You are right as I have failed my own expectations, others' expectations, etc... That's hard to live with. I'm not afraid to say most things, I've posted a lot of bold threads on here-some embarassing-but a reach out for help in the hopes that somebody could relate. Not to say that no one has ever been through what I've been through, or even worse; however, I am dealing with certain difficult situations in my life and I simply feel that I have broken too many promises to God and at this point, don't deserve good things to happen to me. I try every day to "save" myself and others around me who I love, but I am tired, and I have truly failed myself at this point;hence, the request for prayers.

Apr 17, 2006, 01:52 PM
    O.K.
    If you find prayers put your mind at rest, then do it.
    In my view, you don't fail God when you promise something which probably couldn't be done to begin with.
    First thing, scale down things, see what your goal is, then try to see which is the way to reach it. Break this path down to steps, as if you were standing in front of a staircase.
    Take one step. Accomplish what it's about completely, before you take another one. Feel at home and steady before you proceed.Don't look at how much has still to be done, but keep in your mind what your goal is. Compliment yourself for every achievement, even the smallest, don't look down on any of the things you're satisfied with, and don't let other look down on them either!
    Remember, YOU'RE MUCH STRONGER THAN YOU THINK YOU ARE!
    Write as much as you need, especially when you feel like you can't take it any more!
    Please do!
    Millie

Apr 17, 2006, 02:03 PM
    O.K.
    If you find prayers put your mind at rest, then do it.
    In my view, you don't fail God when you promise something which probably couldn't be done to begin with.
    First thing, scale down things, see what your goal is, then try to see which is the way to reach it. Break this path down to steps, as if you were standing in front of a staircase.
    Take one step. Accomplish what it's about completely, before you take another one. feel at home and steady before you proceed.Don't look at how much has still to be done, but keep in your mind what your goal is. Compliment yourself for every achievement, even the smallest, don't look down on any of the things you're satisfied with, and don't let other look down on them either!
    Remember, YOU'RE MUCH STRONGER THAN YOU THINK YOU ARE!
    Write as much as you need, especially when you feel like you can't take it any more!
    Please do!
    Millie
    Ok, not to be funny, but just last weekend, I literally fell down the staircase. They glued my chin back together. Not only do I feel like an ugly duckling, but my head hurts tremendously. This is a true story, not joking. IT's funny when you think about it, but it just really caught my attention when you mentioned that sentence. See what I mean? I'm a walking disaster.

Apr 17, 2006, 02:11 PM
    Ok, I"m a walking disaster.
    Oh God!
    First you know you're not that!
    Now, how did it happen?
    Your mind was elsewhere, you were not looking?
    How long will it take till you're o.k.
    I'm sure it will be , but it probably hurts terribly.
    You know, for many years, at times,when I was going downstairs with my hands full, no matter where, just downstairs, I was sort of seeing myself falling, not being able to hold on anything, and I paid double attention to where I put my feet. (By the way, going up is always much safer)
    I wish you a fast and full recovery
    please let me know how you are,
    Take care,

Apr 17, 2006, 02:14 PM
    Oh God!
    first you know you're not that!
    Now, how did it happen?
    your mind was elsewhere, you were not looking?
    How long will it take till you're o.k.?
    I'm sure it will be , but it probably hurts terribly.
    you know, for many years, at times,when i was going downstairs with my hands full, no matter where, just downstairs, i was sort of seeing myself falling, not being able to hold on anything, and i paid double attention to where i put my feet. (By the way, going up is always much safer)
    i wish you a fast and full recovery
    please let me know how you are,
    take care,
    Well, I won't elaborate too much, but my falling down the stairs was a result of a bad situation that came about 1 minute previously. I'm ok-just sore. Just weak-mentally and physically. Just keep those prayers comin'! Thanks.

Apr 17, 2006, 02:21 PM
    Well, I won't elaborate too much, Just keep those prayers comin'! Thanks.
    I add mine for your wellbeing,
    Think I'll finally call it a day (it's past midnight here)
    Be well,
    I hope to be back here tomorrw (I should rahter say: today)
    Millie :)
    31pumpkin Posts: 379, Reputation: 50
    -

Apr 17, 2006, 02:58 PM
    Dear Depressed M.O.

I just stumbled on your writings here and I am truly concerned regarding your physical welfare. Darn Woman... you need to slow down for one thing & be careful. I'm going to pray for you. For your safety for sure. Sounds like you go to church (christian) but I do not see an absolute born again attitude through Jesus Christ in your posts. You are trying to " save "- but why don't you let Jesus do the saving?

Remember that your sins were forgiven. And now repent again and feel release. Get born- again if needed. Here is my very favorite minister, who is on TV in Fl. He is the founder of the following website:

Liveprayer.com

There's a prayer request link AND they really do respond back to you within 24 hrs. or less(usually)

Honor the Lord by His word also. Psalm 34 is a good place to start . It says, for example, to seek God(verse4). As you seek Him, He will deliver you from the things that threaten you. Secondly, He instructs you to cry out to the Lord. He will save you out of ALL your troubles.
    Next it tells you to fear the Lord. Verses 11-14 tell you exactly how to do that.
    I'm not going to get into the rest. But if you want God to be God of your trouble, please let Him be God of your heart.

There is also a link @ this website for being made a disciple(confessing Jesus as Lord and Savior of your life if needed)
    sweetface Posts: 31, Reputation: 7

Apr 18, 2006, 05:19 AM
    31Pumpkin,

That was so uplifting and inviting!! I often think about my life and how much more beneficial it would be, if I gave the Lord "ALL" of my troubles.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

After School Special? [ 3 Answers ]

There was a movie I remember watching in the 80's. It was about a boy with red hair and a frog that sang "That's amore!" The boy was kind of a science geek. I think the frog came to life at the end... Anybody?

Special education [ 9 Answers ]

What qualifies a child as being LD specific learning disability.Can a child with ADD be identified as having specific learning problems and qualify under the category of LD.Which Identification is better for a child that exhibits the following problems difficulty in reading,writeing,spelling,or...

Special Ed Dating [ 10 Answers ]

Ok maybe Im being judgemental? Maybe you all can tell me your opinions on a Special Education or Mentally Challenged (Female) dating a Perfectly Healthy (Male) who has been known to use girls for sex? Not saying he will just has a reputation of it. I do not know him personally but my friend...

Special Event [ 1 Answers ]

I have a very important event coming up on April 29th of this year. I would like to lose twenty pounds by that time. I don't think that's too much weight to lose in this time, but it seems so hard to lose weight. Does anybody have any ideas on how I can lose 20 lbs in 2 1/2 months?

View more questions Search