Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alih786 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2008, 09:08 AM
    Pleese could you take a moment to read this
    This is a long story but I'm going to keep it short and simple.

From 1999 I've been going to Karate club until now(2008). From 2006, I've become weak, and every Saturday I have to go there and get beaten up, everyweek I lose 1 bit of muscle, I can't handle it anymore. I have told my dad and convinced him that I don't want to go, I want to quit, but he won't let me, he says if I don't go he won't pay for my driving lessons. And I don't have a job. This is the solution I have found

I have written a letter/more like a certificate to say that I have passed. This way my dad won't make me go to karate clubs. I wanted 2 upload this letter on here, but the file size is too big and won't let me upload it.

Do you think it will work? Its my only hope for freedom
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2008, 09:13 AM
    Life is hard.

Your father is trying to teach you that.

If as you grow, you simply quit when the going gets tough, you will suffer a miserable existence and will have a hard time enjoying your life.

I say stick it out, try as hard as you can, give it 110% and finish what you started.

You will feel much better about yourself, and your life if you do.
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2008, 12:09 PM
    OK.

Obviously, this is not the only lesson you need to be taught.

It would appear that your father has failed to teach you any manners, or respect as well.

You my tiny little friend are in for a very miserable life.

I only wish I was able to watch you try to get through it.

I can give you one fabulous example of what you should be happy about?

Be glad, no, be VERY GLAD, that I am not your father!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 9, 2008, 02:49 PM
    Yes, no one else can read the post I deleted but yes this is a rude little kid who needs his dad to put him over his knee and teach him some respect. It is obvoius his years in Karate has taught him nothing, since karate teaches or suppose to teach you respect, honor and many other things in interaction wth others.

Also growing weak? Are you medically ill, do you need to have a medical exam. If you are working out every week, you should be getting stronger.

And karate is not about fighting it is about learning control and balance of your body, in mind, spirit and body.

It has less to do with your strengh than your mental ability to react.
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2008, 02:59 PM
    Yes, in the end, we all die, none of us can avoid that.

The real question though, is when we are gone, what will we have left behind?

The value of our lives is not judged by what we did for ourselves, but by what effect we had on the people that were touched by our time here.

I hope you find a way to work through this bump in the road of life soon, I am sorry that it has gotten you so depressed.

How about working real hard on being the one doing the beating up, instead of being on the receiving end of the battle?

I'll bet you are better at it than you think, or give yourself credit for.
    alih786 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2009, 04:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by progunr View Post
    Yes, in the end, we all die, none of us can avoid that.

The real question though, is when we are gone, what will we have left behind?

The value of our lives is not judged by what we did for ourselves, but by what effect we had on the people that were touched by our time here.

I hope you find a way to work through this bump in the road of life soon, I am sorry that it has gotten you so depressed.

How about working real hard on being the one doing the beating up, instead of being on the receiving end of the battle?

I'll bet you are better at it than you think, or give yourself credit for.
    Its 2009, Early this August. Ive just passed Karate and got my certificate. What a relief.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bi polar moment [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, does a person that has bipolar disorder all of the sudden start to curse at someone for no reason?he said he could feel it coming on I'm not understanding all of the bipolar thing it sounds like an excuse to say whatever you really want to say when you get agrivatted.:confused:

Venting.My Ah ha moment. [ 3 Answers ]

Why are all frantically posting or checking past posts to see where our stories "fit-in"?? Why do we need websites like these? May be you "fit-in" into one of these frequent issues: A. If you are with someone and they broke up with you, chances are they have moved ON and you should probably do...

The Moment of Truth [ 18 Answers ]

This show is destroying the fabric of our society.

Not worried at moment but getting there. [ 2 Answers ]

... hi... umm.. im a 19 yr old male and puberty in my family runs kind of late, the guys usually don't finish till close to or after their 19th yr, but for the past few days I've noticed a small bump on the underside of my penis (shaft). Its not exactly sore as in the aspect of constant. Its mainly...

Unexplainable moment [ 7 Answers ]

Is it possible for someone to walk into a room and the smell of my perfume be so strong that it gagged him, yet I lived two states away, and hadn't been there for months? What does that mean? We'd been friends for over 20 years, and I hadn't lived by him for 16 of those years, we discovered that...

View more questions Search