Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrsblack Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2008, 05:28 PM
    W-4 form for work
    I just got married and I have to fill out a new w-4 form and I am not sure whether to enter 1 or 0 on line 5. Both my husband and I work, but the form is saying that I can put 0 or 1 and I am very confused, because I don't want to screw up our taxes. Can somebody help me out please?
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Aug 5, 2008, 08:34 PM
    It depends on how much you want to get back on your taxes at the beginning of the year. I always put a 0 as to get the most back on my taxes later. And also where it says check single, married, or married but withhold at single rate... I check the latter... again as to insure the larger withholdings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wrong filing! H1-B File Form 1040 instead of Form 1040NR [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, Here is my situation: my OPT started from May 2006-May 2007. My H1-B started from Oct. 2007. I hired a CPA to file the tax for me in 2006 and 2007 w/ the form 1040. I just talked to my friend and she said in my situation I should file form 1040NR instead. So what should I do now? ...

Form to use for file state '04 &'05.Live in NJ and work in NY [ 2 Answers ]

Need to file state taxes for 2004 & 2005... resident of NJ but worked in NY. Which form (s) should I use to do my own filing and save some bucks? Or if I want to save myself, pain & suffering, what's the average cost to use a tax professional? I'm single female, no kids.

Form 1099 received, but do I report on Form 1040 or just Form 2106? [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings. I'm hoping I can get some help on what to do with a 1099-MISC form I received from my employer that were for business expense reimbursements. I have read through some questions and answers already and based on them I'm going to file this as a Form 2106. The question is should I...

View more questions Search