Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vivian656 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2007, 10:15 AM
    I live in NYC, NY, but work in NJ, which form do I file state tax?
    Thanks!
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 20, 2007, 11:45 AM
    You are welcome, even though I did nothing for you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Live in NJ Work in NYC [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, All! I have a silly question to ask. I live in NJ and work in NYC. Do I have to file state taxes with NJ and NY or is filing with NJ sufficient?

Live in NJ, work in NYC [ 3 Answers ]

Just got a job in NYC. I start on the 21st of Feb. What are my tax obligations? I heard working in NYC there is a city tax or something that I need to be aware of and put money aside for, is that true? Or do I just pay NY and Jersey State taxes inext April. Also, I am married and I read...

Live in NYC Work in NJ [ 1 Answers ]

I was told that if you live in NYC (Brooklyn) and work in NJ you are taxed twice. I understand that you pay taxes to both states, & NY City; but overall are you taxed more than the situation if you lived and worked in NYC only based on a $30,000 salary. Also from the following situations which...

Live in NYC work in NJ [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I live in NYC and work in NJ. My gross wages were only 8400$ and I am married. I paid taxes to NJ. I need to know who do I have to file to , meaning 1.Federal 2.NJ and 3.NY ? And if so because I earned so little I understand I will receive most if not all of the taxes I paid back. But...

Work in NJ live in NYC [ 1 Answers ]

I work in NJ but live in NYC. I am confused over what forms I need to fill out. I believe I have made an error in that I have filed NJ state tax using the over the phone service. Now I am told that I should have filed as a nonresident in NJ which would have gotten me all of my NJ withheld tax...

View more questions Search