Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tdunnom Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2008, 10:23 AM
    Who will lend, confused
    Hi, I have filed chapter 13 in Feb. 07, but I converted it over to a 7 in march of 08. On my credit report it shows the original date that I had filed. Right now I am trying to locate and buy a house for the first time. The question that I have is that my credit score is 586, which is poor, but you hear all the time that a lender will give you a loan even if you have a poor credit score, and even that you filed bankruptcy. Will I be able to buy me a house in May of 09? I am doing all the research that I can do and I am looking for a house now. Also if I find the house that I would like to have will a lender look at my now? Someone please help!

Ok I will look for a lender
    First. But what are my chances
    Of getting some lender to
    Give me the loan. And how
    Do owner finance work. Is
    It worth the chance. Also
    Would I be able to use my
    Va certificate. Because
    I would really like to
    Purcahse a home for my
    Family!

First Chuck, I guess you did not read the topic that I typed before called Confused. Second I can pay my bills and on time, the reason I filed were for medical reasons. Third, read the confused topic and it will answer the questions that you just asked! Also in my eyes I don't see myself moving fast I just want to know will a lender give me a loan I don't want to buy a house until the middle of next year.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 1, 2008, 10:25 AM
    I would search for a lender before you go house shopping. You will probably have a problem finding one given your record and the current credit climate.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2008, 10:36 AM
    You can also look for 'owner-financed' homes as an alternative to conventional financing. Check this: Lease Option, Lease Purchase, Owner Financed Homes Nationwide
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 2, 2008, 02:34 PM
    Well first a lot more info, have you just went bankrupt, are you in the middle of one, how for since you filed.

And you just proved you could not pay your bills, so why do you need or want to go back into debt so fast.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 2, 2008, 03:53 PM
    No these do not work like blogs, you don't just start a new thread people will read this post alone and have to know all the info, You are to add more info to your original question if you wish to reffer to it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confused [ 1 Answers ]

I have been talking to this guy for about 2 months and he is a good guy. But he has a friend that is a girl in nj and he runs do there when she calls him and she needs him for something. Plus he SUCKS at kissing. Andy advice on what to do. Please help me.

Confused about what he wants. [ 4 Answers ]

I've searched the web for possible solutions to this problem but haven't really got any luck... hoping all you out there will be able to help me on this one :( I have been with my boyfriend for almost a year. I was forced to move out of my previous living arrangements due to an argument with my...

Confused~Does she really want to be with me? [ 6 Answers ]

My g/f and I have been dating for almost 2 years. Everything was going good for us, until she left on a "vacation". For the first few weeks things were going well. But for the last week and a half of her vacation, she seemed to change. She has been stressing out a lot, and I have been trying to...

Confused in pa. [ 5 Answers ]

Hello,OK here I go.I have been in a loving relationship with a man I have loved for more than 20 years now.The problem is with his children.They constantly come between us to get their father and I to fight because they are jealous of our happiness.I have done all I can to help them over the years...

Confused, he did a 180 [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for about 6 months now. I told him that I was going to be leaving for college at the beginning of the relationship and about three months into it he said that he would go with me. About two months ago he started changing. He used to tell me that he loved me...

View more questions Search