Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ozan831 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 08:47 PM
    A childhood movie/cartoon.
    I have been thinking about a movie I watched when I was a child. I can not remember what it was called. Any help would appreciated.

The movie started with a young boy I think he was playing outside. The kid goes to his house and inside there is a box. I think it is a red box. The box has a bow on it and seems to be a present. He opens the large box and it turns out to be a door that is a portal to an animated magical land. He enters the portal/door. In the animated world I seem to remember a dog that he travels with. At some point some green slimy things slowly make him tired. They are trying to capture him or make him join him. He adventures through the land. The only other thing that I remember is at the end he returns to the real world. He returns back out side. He might have had a kite at the end.

Any help with this title would be awesome. My siblings and I have been trying to think of it for a while. Thanks
    Purukivel Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2008, 09:30 PM
    The Phantom Tollbooth.
    Ozan831 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2008, 08:16 PM
    Thank you so much. This is awesome.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Childhood Movie [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: okay so I watched it when I was very young, it starts with real kids that go into this other world and turn into cartoons and they have to stop this evil woman who wants to steal this fountain of youth thing. . Yeah and that's all I remember.. . Please help. . Its driving me nuts.

Childhood cartoon movie. [ 2 Answers ]

OK so my friend and I both remember this cartoon movie from when we were younger.we are seventeen now so we are thinking about 12ish years back. It's a cartoon movie about little animals of some sort, either mice or chipmunks or some other animal like that. And a gas truck spills on the road by ...

Older cartoon childhood fantasy movie [ 2 Answers ]

In the movie its like the boy is dreaming... he gets picked up by this ship and it takes him to a whole new kingdom. The king of the kingdom gives him a key, that will open every door in the kingdom, but hey must never open one bad door. He opens the bad door and evil pours out of it, like this...

Childhood movie [ 1 Answers ]

There was a movie that I use to watch when I was younger and it was about a gnome or a troll or something that left his house one day on a quest. I'm not sure if it was by choice or not. I think maybe he had a visitor. He ended up having to slay a dragon. Or maybe he was the dragon and he had a...

Childhood cartoon, I can't find anything. [ 2 Answers ]

HI, I remember watching an animated (maybe TV) version of "The Call of the Wild," back in the late '80s to mid '90s? Only problem is, when I search IMDB and Google for it I can't find it anywhere. All I get is live action stuff. Its just like the book, so I'm nearly positive it is the call...

View more questions Search