Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bross331 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 08:58 AM
    Ac compressor won't stay on {03 Blazer}
    I have an 03 chevy blazer. When I turn on the ac the compressor sometimes kicks on sometimes it won't. But I can go under the hood and touch the front of the compressor and it will kick on every time but it cut off after I start driving. I was told it may be a bad clutch if it is can that be replaces without replacing the compressor... help!
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jul 28, 2008, 01:22 PM
    Yes, the compressor clutch and hub can be replaced without replacing the entire unit.
    This saves time but also saves money because the system doesn't need discharged and then recharged.
    If the compressor is operating quietly and cooling properly, I would replace the clutch and hub only.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brake warning lights stay on in 91 S-10 Blazer [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1991 Chevy S-10 Blazer (4.3L, 4x4) in which the instrument panel lights for the Parking Brake and the Anti-Lock Braking system will not go out when the car is started. I checked the parking brake cable attached to the foot pedal to see if it was broken or disconnected but it is not. I...

94 s10 blazer won't start [ 12 Answers ]

When I was at the ATM tonight my blazer died for no reason and no it won't start. The fuel pump was replace two years ago and the start is 6 months old so I can't think why it won't start, when I try it sound like its starting normal but it won't fire up. Any ideas? Also I heard it could be the EGR...

Ac condenser unit compressor won't turn on [ 3 Answers ]

I've got a problem I need help with. I just installed a condensing unit outside for my air. It was empty when I got it. No refridgerant. When I start the unit the fan and all comes on but the compressor does not. This is a duroguard 2.5 ton unit. I have tried to boost it and still no luck. The unit...

Blower won't come on when a/c compressor starts [ 1 Answers ]

When my t-stat calls for cooling the condenser/compressor starts but blower won't energize. I can flip the fan switch on the t-stat to manual on and the fan will run... Thoughts?

Won't stay lit [ 5 Answers ]

My ignition lite is on. But it goes to start and ignites for only about 30 seconds and goes back out, but the little flame stays on.what does this mean?

View more questions Search