Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reyzorback Posts: 58, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 12:28 AM
    Unable to run this application
    Please help me.. I can't open this application.. when I run this application, an error pop up says

"unable to run this application!

Another user is currently using this application on your computer"

Please help me
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 28, 2008, 12:49 AM
    Shut your computer down, reboot it, and try again.

What is the application?
    reyzorback Posts: 58, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 02:11 AM
    I reboot my computer but it doesn't work.. the apps is mega manager..
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 28, 2008, 08:13 AM
    Ugh, that could be a problem. Well, let's try all the basics first:

Try a online antivirus scanner and a online anti-adware/malware/spyware scanner in safe mode with network to clean up your computer.

Disable "System Restore" for Windows Me and XP, then restart your PC to clean your system restore points for viruses, spyware, adware etc.

Now restart in safe mode.
    To get in safe mode, Press "F8" upon boot up.
    Select "Safe mode with Networking".
    Go to Start – Run - type iexplore BitDefender Online Scanner - Free Online Virus Scan Enter(ok).
    Do a full system scan. If something is found, delete it, reboot and do the same again in safe mode with network.
    When that scan does not find anything you reboot again in safe mode with network.
    Go to Start – Run – type iexplore ewido is AVG - anti-spyware, anti-malware and anti-virus software Enter(ok).
    Do a full system scan. If something is found, delete it, reboot and do the same again in safe mode with network.

**NOTE: Do NOT do anything else with your computer when scanning. This because you can start virus/adware/spyware/malware manually.

When no one of these scanners are showing anything you can reboot back to normal mode.
    Turn on "System Restore".
    --------------------
    You need to get one antivirus program, one firewall, pop up blocker and some spyware/adware/malware removers if you don't have it.
    I use Norton Internet Security (antivirus, spyware, firewall, add blocker, mail spamfilter, pop up blocker etc) Ad Aware, Spybot and more on my desktop running XP Home SP2 with Firefox and Yahoo Toolbar with pop up blocker and Windows pop up blocker on.
    On my laptop I use antivirus and firewall. Firefox is my standard.
    I have no virus, spyware, adware, pop ups etc on my computers.
    Mozilla Firefox and Opera are safer browsers to use then Internet Explorer.
    Firefox web browser | Faster, more secure, & customizable
    Opera browser: Home page
    --------------------
    Here are some free programs.
    BitDefender Anti-Virus Free.
    Free Antivirus - BitDefender Free Edition
    Avast Anti-Virus Free.
    avast! 4 Home Edition - FREE antivirus software - Download
    AVG Anti-Virus Free.
    AVG Free - Download AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition for Windows XP and Vista...
    Avast Virus Cleaner - free virus removal tool.
    avast! Virus Cleaner - free virus removal tool

Firewall Protection.
    ZoneAlarm Firewall Free.
    ZoneAlarm by Check Point - Award winning PC Protection, Antivirus, Firewall, Anti-Spyware, Identity Protection, and much more.
    Easy-to-use firewall blocks hackers and other unknown threats.
    * Systematically identifies hackers and blocks access attempts.
    Automatically makes your computer invisible to anyone on the Internet.
    Comodo Free Firewall.
    Comodo™ Free Firewall Software Download
    Use ZoneAlarm or Comodo if you normally use Windows Firewall.
    Disable Windows Firewall after downloading ZoneAlarm or Comodo if it's not done automatically.

Ad-Aware 2008 Free.
    Ad-Aware 2008 Free - Lavasoft...
    Ad-Aware 2008 Free remains the most popular anti-spyware product for computer users around the world, with nearly one million downloads every week. Our free anti-spyware version provides you with advanced protection against spyware that secretly attaches and takes control of your computer, resulting in aggressive advertising pop-ups, sluggish computer activity, even identity theft through stolen bank details, passwords, and credit card account numbers. If you want real-time scanning capabilities, consider upgrading to Ad-Aware 2007 Plus for real-time protection against spyware, all the time.

SUPERAntiSpyware Free.
    SUPERAntiSpyware.com - AntiAdware, AntiSpyware, AntiMalware!

Spybot - Search & Destroy detects and removes spyware, a relatively new kind of threat not yet covered by common anti-virus applications. Spyware silently tracks your surfing behaviour to create a marketing profile for you that is transmitted without your knowledge to the compilers and sold to advertising companies. If you see new toolbars in your Internet Explorer that you haven't intentionally installed, if your browser crashes inexplicably, or if your home page has been "hijacked" (or changed without your knowledge), your computer is most probably infected with spyware. Even if you don't see the symptoms, your computer may be infected, because more and more spyware is emerging. Spybot-S&D is free, so there's no harm giving it a try to see if something has invaded your computer.
    The home of Spybot-S&D!

AVG Anti-Rootkit Free.
    AVG Anti-Rootkit is a powerful tool with state-of-the-art technology for detection and removal of rootkits. Rootkits are used to hide the presence of a malicious object like Trojans or keyloggers on your computer. If a threat uses rootkit technology to hide itself it is very hard to find the malware on your PC. AVG Anti-Rootkit gives you the power to find and delete the rootkit and to uncover the threat the rootkit is hiding.

CCleaner is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. But the best part is that it's fast and contains NO spyware or adware.
    CCleaner - Home

ClearAllHistory - clears browser history, cache, cookies, clipboard and remove other computer activity tracks.
    Clear History : Clear search history : Clear Internet history : Clearing history Internet Explorer : Clear browser history Firefox : Clear All History

**NOTE: Only have one antivirus program and one firewall installed on your computer.
    "Microsoft recommends that you have only one anti-virus program installed on your computer."
    Anti-adware/malware/spyware are OK to have more of.

Also scan with online scanners sometimes.
    http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/home...
    BitDefender Online Scanner - Free Online Virus Scan
    ewido - anti-spyware and anti-malware solutions
    Free Virus Scan - Kaspersky Lab
    F-Secure Support pages: Home users...

Run Windows Update Microsoft Windows Update
    And defragmet you harddisk(s).
    How To Analyze and Defragment a Disk in Windows XP
    How To Analyze and Defragment a Disk in Windows XP

Hope this is helpful.
    Good luck.
    JB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

H1b application [ 1 Answers ]

If my husband apply an h1b visa here and did'nt pass it, will it affect his h2b status or will it need time for him to apply an h2b again. You think with his position as housekeeping supervisor he can apply a visa based on employment. The company is willing to sponsor him to get him as manager ....

Application to accelerate & application to revoke [ 14 Answers ]

Application to accelerate and application to revoke? What are the different. :cool:

Job application [ 15 Answers ]

When the job application asks" Are you a convicted felon" what do you say?

View more questions Search