Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Paulw1200 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2008, 04:16 AM
    acer aspire 1413
    Hello all
    Can someone please help. I am trying to recoverer my acer aspire 1413 however when I put in the second recovery disk I get a message that states (cannot open image file X:\images\60ea1012.ghs. I suspect my disc is faulty.

Please help

Paulw1200
    nexuspc Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 05:51 PM
    When the installation program (your recovery for example) pops up an error like that from a medium like CDs/DVDs it is 9 times out of 10, a scratch, smudge etc. on the cd. Try cleaning the disc with a no lint cloth/towel. And try again.

Very rarely from a manufactuer will a bad 'burn' take place. Where the Data did not burn correctly, and the disc is now corrupted. Might I ask why you need to do a recovery?

Most systems, regardless of what is happening, can be repaired without the need to do a recovery

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding Memory to an Acer Aspire E500 [ 2 Answers ]

I have two 1GB memory modules in an Acer Aspire E500 Desktop motherboard. Each of the 1GB modules work independently in either slot but the POST only sees 1GB when they're installed together. Any advice? Thanks!

Acer Aspire 1600 HDD Failure? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have an Acer Aspire 1600 laptop, It suddenly gave "Disk Error" message when booting - white text/dark screen/upper left corner. I reboot and it can not find HDD. The HDD is Hitachi DK23EA-40 (ATA-5 Enhanced IDE - not that I understand... ), original from factory. I can reach BIOS - the...

How to reboot an acer aspire 5000 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all just wondered what keys I need to use to reboot an acer aspire 5000 to factory settings as I haven't a disk .

How to run Aspire 1410 recovery CD? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I bought my labtop(Acer Aspire 1410) and window XP home edition was pre-installed. Now I want to renew my system/ recover. I got Window XP recovery CD but there is a special method to run that CD, because it dosen't run itself and I tried to put command :C but it didn't work... Can...

View more questions Search