Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    atsui Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2008, 04:36 PM
    Trane XL19i vs. Amana ASZ18
    We have quotes for Amana and Trane for almost the same price $9700. Which one you recommend? We have close to 5000 sq. ft with many windows - 2 story with full basement in Ohio.
    Specs are as follows:
    (1) Amana
    18 SEER/48000btu/2-stage/HSPF-9.5/R410-a/Heat Pump
    20kw/variable speed/electric furnace

(2) Trane
    XL19i with 2/4TEF (maybe 2/4TEE, not sure)

Thank you for your advice in advance.

Atsui
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 05:40 PM
    Which company will do the best install job,, that is what will make the difference in the long run
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 06:03 PM
    Didn`t think before,, which system has the best warranty? Who will give you the best service?
    atsui Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2008, 07:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wmproop
    which company will do the best install job,,,that is what will make the differance in the long run
    Both similarly rated by Angie's list and we used both for regular tuneups and OK. I really wanted to know was those two systems are somewhat comparable in terms of capacity and reliability, etc. Amana has life time warranty for compressor, which is the only (yet big) difference in terms of warranty. I had an impression that Trane is better regarded in general and more reliable. The Amana sales person emphasized that Amana use a copper tube whereas Trane uses aluminum, which according to his is not very good. True?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 24, 2008, 11:08 PM
    I like copper tubing.

Stay away from the variable speed motors. They cost $$$$$ when the break out of warranty

If you are going to get a extended warranty get the factory one. If it is a dealer warranty and they go out of business you are out of luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Amana furnace [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I am having so much trouble, trouble shooting my furnace, I have a Amana Furnace, I noticed that the Burner is not staying long enough for the heat to blow through the vent. This is my observation, once adjusted the temp desired in the thermostat, the burner on the furnace...

Amana furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I misplace the wiring diagram and installation manual for my Amana Furnace. Any chance someone, website may have a good source for that: Mod # GUCO70B40A, Serial # 9110104173, Mfg # P9114303F Suggestions for a fix would be appreciated also: Having problems starting. The igniter works fine...

Amana 16 seer vs trane 14 seer [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to replace 2 evaporative coolers with a 3 ton and a 4 ton ac split units Which includes swapping out the old furnaces. I have been given 2 choices amana 16 seer 2 speed compressor of 14 seer trane with 1 speed compressor. Which is best?

Quote on 2 1/2 ton Trane XR13 and var spd Trane Blower [ 2 Answers ]

I was just quoted on a 2nd floor A/C replacement, condenser and var speed blower, 2 1/2 ton Trane XR13 with upgrade options. Live in CT Are these prices sane ? Includes removal of old unit, upgrade of refrig line, added insulation on old ductwork - work to be done in walkup attic Quote...

Amana 80 sse [ 1 Answers ]

Can you tell me how to clean the striking unit on my furnace. Every year because of the dust that gathers, I have to pay someone to do this. One tech told me how, but I do not remember. Due to the venting of our furnace it is an ongoing issue and does not warrant the $$ of the cleaning yearly.

View more questions Search