Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ron725109 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2008, 05:21 AM
    vibration in pipes after toilet flush
    My toilet is 6 months old
    After I flush my toilet,about 3 or 4 seconds later it sounds like a vibration noise in my pipes in the basement
    This has done this for a long time
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 21, 2008, 05:31 AM
    Hey Ron try this!
    I'm assuming that you have a floatball ballcock,(see image). Shut the water off at the stop and remove the three screws on top of the ballcock. Pull the float ball and stem assembly up and out. Pry the washer out and reverse it, being sure to seat it in firmly. Now hold your hand over the open ball cock and turn the water back on for a few seconds to flush out the supply. Reassemble and give it a flush. Sound all gone? Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet Flushing: tank drains, toilet doesn't flush, brand new toilet. [ 4 Answers ]

I read the other postings, and most of the problems came in with old toilets. Mine is brand new (within a year old) and I just moved in to my new place. The condo has 2 identical toilets and the other flushes just fine. I have mimicked the settings of the working toilet and still can't get my...

Knocking and vibration sounds from pipes [ 1 Answers ]

I can hear really loud constant knocking noises and vibration sounds thought it was pipes but it always sounds worse on a night when the heating is not on but it also sounds like it is coming from chimney anyone any ideas

Noise and vibration after flushing the toilet [ 4 Answers ]

Sometimes when we flush the toilet we hear a loud noise and vibration in a few of the pipes. What is this and how can we fix it?

Toilet screech and vibration [ 4 Answers ]

The toilet monster. Toilet is on first floor and the problem started after the town shut off water for 24 hours after a fool hit a hydrant. Who knows why it took 24 hours to fix? I have removed the ballcock many times and have flushed the line many times... lots of sand in the bottom of the...

Toilet flap vibration [ 2 Answers ]

I have a toilet that uses a disk-like flap instead of a ball. It pivots on a hinge and "hammers" down the flap onto the drain. I bought a brand new flap assembly and now when the toilet is filling after flushing, the flap vibrates and continues until you press it down. No signs of tears on the...

View more questions Search