Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spirit8n Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2008, 06:42 PM
    Mower deck belt for a Scotts Lawnmower
    How does the mower drive belt go on a S1742 model Scott Lawnmower?

<moved>
    drf71 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2008, 08:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit8n
    How does the mower drive belt go on a S1742 model Scott Lawnmower?

<moved>
    I'm in the same boat. How does this dumb thing go on? The moving spindle that activates the mower has a fixed metal bracket to keep the belt on. It seems that the only way to get the belt back on is to temporarily remove this pulley from the spindle arm. Unfortunately, mine is rusted on. I changed the belt last summer and for the life of me cannot remember how I got it back on. Feeling very stupid right now. Can anyone help? (the helpful manual says simply "put it on in the reverse order which you took it off"... hepful if it didn't shred or get pulled off by a stick while you were using it). :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mower deck belt configuration [ 1 Answers ]

I have a craftsman 38" cut mower that is probably 10 years old with a 14 hp motor. I cannot figure out the configuration of the mower belt installation. Can you help? Thanks, Skip

Mower deck belt loose [ 3 Answers ]

Please help I have JD 60" med mount mower deck I can't keep the drive belt on I place new belt on and same problem any way to adjust the belt?

Belt routing on mower deck [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Troybuilt 46 inch, 22 h.p. mulcher GT, petal drive with cruise control. The long belt on the mower deck continues to break. I need a diagram of belt routing and also location of spring on tension pulley. This belt is 98", but I have been using a 96" A belt because it is wider and thought...

How to replace a deck belt on Yard machine 42" riding lawnmower [ 1 Answers ]

I need to replace my deck belt on Yard Machine 14.5hp. 42' riding lawnmover. Be nice to have a diagram and helpful hints

Craftsman lawnmower deck belt removal [ 1 Answers ]

How do I remove the deck belt on my 15.5 craftsman lawnmower?

View more questions Search