Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gyanmusic Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2008, 04:00 PM
    Tripod for Canon HF-100
    I have bought a Canon camcorder, model - HF-100. I was searching for the tripod that I can use with this . Can any body suggest, which tripod should I buy in the range $20 -$ 50 USD.

Many Thanks

Regards
    Gyan
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2008, 04:40 PM
    Make sure sturdy yet also set up and break down quickly.
    Latches are quicker but they don't support as much weight as screw-type leg locks.

A ball head lets the camera float on top of the ball bearing. A single control loosens and tightens the head in every direction. This is a good choice if you like to quickly re-position the camera.

The three-way heads, screw-like controls to tighten each of the three axes are better. It's easier to more precisely control your camera. If the camera is cock-eyed so that the horizon isn't level in the picture you can use one of the head controls to level the camera without worrying about twisting it around in the other directions at the same time, as you would with a ball head.
    gyanmusic Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2008, 05:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    Make sure sturdy yet also set up and break down quickly.
    latches are quicker but they don't support as much weight as screw-type leg locks.

A ball head lets the camera float on top of the ball bearing. A single control loosens and tightens the head in every direction. This is a good choice if you like to quickly re-position the camera.

The three-way heads, screw-like controls to tighten each of the three axes are better. It's easier to more precisely control your camera. If the camera is cock-eyed so that the horizon isn't level in the picture you can use one of the head controls to level the camera without worrying about twisting it around in the other directions at the same time, as you would with a ball head.

Thanks nohelp,

Can you also suggest some model? Will sony tripod work for canon !
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2008, 05:05 PM
    I would think so I think so
    Check the tripod fitting on the bottom of the camera and see if it is the same as the canon
    Also it likely has a booklet or something that says what makes and models it is compatible with. You can also ask the clerk if you aren't sure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Canon bjc-620 [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: My canon printer recently needed new ink cartridges and after changing them all, it won't print! I turn it on and it beeps and the error light comes on and all the ink lights start flashing. I have tried to clean the ink heads and it won't let me even do that, it still just comes up with...

MP 600 canon [ 3 Answers ]

I have had a canon MP600 for about 10 months. It is reading an error message telling me I have a paper jam when clearly I don't. Any suggestions?

Can my Canon go to the shop? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a "Canon IXY Digital" and I just got it one year ago. I dropped it a few months ago anf the zoom lens is hanging off, it is still useable, but this black spring comes in the way of the screen. I don't know if Canon allows sending in for fixing.. Because I know this is fixable. Does anyone...

Tripod alien book? [ 2 Answers ]

When I was in the 6th grade we read about a novel about a boy living on Earth, but humans were ruled over by tripods and I think all technology had been abandoned because I remember that the main character was surprised to see another person wearing glasses. Also at one point in the novel, the...

Canon BJC-620 problems [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me out here. I have an old Canon BJC-620 printer... well, actually 3 of them... and all do the same thing. When I power up, it does it's little thing then beeps and the error light stays on along with the black ink light flashing and the ink light...

View more questions Search