Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vanessaluis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2008, 04:23 PM
    Giving up parental rights
    My exhusband is more than willing to give up his parental rights and my current boyfriend of 5 years wants to adopt my 2 kids how do I get started ?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2008, 04:27 PM
    Marry your current boyfriend
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jul 11, 2008, 04:28 PM
    By getting a lawyer.

Your ex will have to sign away parental rights, and that must be done in front of a judge. You can then file adoption paperwork for your current husband to adopt.

EDIT: Oooh... missed that it was a boyfriend not a husband. Yeah--get married.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Giving up parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

My14 year old daughter wants to move to canada to live with her grandad (my dad) and finish her schooling over there but I have to give up my rights to do this , but I don't no where to start can anyone help

Giving up parental rights [ 2 Answers ]

c.s.r .has reviewed my case.and what's to increase my payments more than double.my question is if I sign my rights over do I still have to pay support idont want to do that but that is my last resort.I was never married to there mother.and no court papers on visitations.but I can see them when ever...

Giving up his parental rights [ 4 Answers ]

My Boyfriend And I Recently Split Up For About A Month And He Started Seeing Someone Else And Now We Are Back Together And She Is Pregnant. He Has Agreed With Me To Terminate His Rights. If He Doesn't Even Sign The Birth Certificate Is He Still Responsible? Can She Still Use His Last Name?

Giving up parental rights [ 8 Answers ]

What is the process if My ex boyfriend wants to give up financial rights to our child?

View more questions Search