Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danielle88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 05:25 PM
    Negative pregnancy results.
    I am now 25 days late and just got back from the doctors office to find out my results.. they were negative.. I have to go for more blood tests Monday but someone please help! Has this happened to anyone before?? Having all the symptoms (nauseous, tender brests, bloated growing belly, and being THIS late etc... ) but actually not been pregnant or actually been pregnant even though tests came out negative. Im REALLY starting to freak out and I need some first hand experience answers as the doctors gave me nothing! WHAT IS GOING ON??
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2008, 05:31 PM
    Women skip periods... it's not uncommon. I'd hate to do this, as I'm not trying to dismiss your symptoms, but these symptoms (nausea, tender breasts, bloating) actually happen very often as the woman thinks she's pregnant... there have been cases when girls would think they were pregnant, and they would start lactating, but they weren't actually pregnant... it was the body's way of reacting to the thought of being pregnant. I know it's weird, but it happens.

There are false negatives as well as false positives, which may be why you have to go in for another blood test. Wait for the next one, and see what happens.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2008, 06:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by danielle88
    I am now 25 days late and just got back from the doctors office to find out my results..they were negative..i have to go for more blood tests monday but someone please help! Has this happened to anyone before?!?! Having all the symptoms (nauseous, tender brests, bloated growing belly, and being THIS late etc...) but actually not been pregnant or actually been pregnant even though tests came out negative. Im REALLY starting to freak out and i need some first hand experience answers as the doctors gave me nothing! WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!
    If the test the doctor did was a urine test, it may not have picked it up. A blood test will be more accurate and ask about it being a quantitative one which will actually give you a level and not just positive or negative. Have you tried a home pregnancy test as well?
    Jeff_from_Ohio Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

May 25, 2010, 10:45 PM

If the test say you are not pregnant, then you are not pregnant. Chances of even an at home test being wrong are like one in 100,000. I studied medicine and have been through the "Holy %$#@!, are we pregnant?" worries before, several times. There are medical disorders that easily explain your symptoms but don't get worried that something's wrong. Women skip periods; it just happens. The tests are, I'm sure, out of precaution. A couple missed diagnoses are enough to ruin a gynecologist. So he's going to cover his butt. Don't worry, when your period comes though it will be a big one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missed period and 3 negative pregnancy test results [ 3 Answers ]

My baby was stillborn 3 and a half months ago and me and my partner started trying for another baby immediately. The first 2months April and May I had regular periods, I was due on my period on 28th June but have had no signs etc that I am about to come on my period. I have tested 3 times with 2...

Almost 2 weeks late but had negative results [ 1 Answers ]

My period is two weeks late but I took a pregnancy test which came up negative... twice. What could be going on? Could the test have been wrong? Ive been on birth control for 4 months and never had this problem before. I have not been stressed out of the norm.

6 and 1/2 weeks since last period and still negative results [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, it has been 6 weeks since my last period, I have taken several tests and all have turned out Negative, I have bloating in my abdomen and been more tired than usual but other than that no other signs of pregnancy, I wouldn't even think that I was pregnant if it hadn't of happened with my first...

Very Late Period/Negative Results [ 2 Answers ]

I stopped taking my birth control pills the first week of January 07. I had my normal January period, which started on February 2, 2007. Here it is March 22 and I have not had another period. I have taken several home pregnancy tests that have all come out negative. Only a couple were taken with...

Negative Results [ 1 Answers ]

What are the chances that negative results on a home pregnancy test are false? When of course the test is taken a few days after a late period.

View more questions Search